- Korg nanoKONTROL to activate the different patterns
- Fender Telecaster connected to my Focusrite Saffire Pro
- Hydrogen 0.9.5 RC1, slightly modified to enable the SELECT_NEXT_PATTERN action (the SVN trunk version has this functionality again too)
- Two instances of PHASEX with the envelope filter enabled and a steady kick feeded into the aux inputs of the PHASEX instances. I used the Electro Lead and Harsh Saw patches.
- An instance of Yoshimi, the Pizzicato Strings patch.
- Two instances of Rakarrack, one for the guitar (rakarrack-01 in the vid) and one for the Melodica sample (the top Rakarrack instance). The ArpieVerb preset is a custom preset that arpeggiates the incoming signal and with the help of the JACK Transport functionality of the git version of Rakarrack it stays nicely in sync with Hydrogen. The reverb makes it sound glassy.
- Non-Mixer to route all the outputs to a stereo signal so I could feed it easily into recordMyDesktop and the JACK Oscrolloscope.
- LinuxDSP JACK Patch Bay. That's just there for the show basically.
With the help of the Stacked Pattern option in Hydrogen I could easily queue the next pattern. As you can see I numbered the patterns as they reflect the strips on my Korg nanoKONTROL. I've programmed the nanoKONTROL in such a way that the LEDS on that little thing reflect which pattern is playing.
I ran into one little problem with Hydrogen though. The maximum pattern size is 32 and for this demo I needed a size 64 pattern. Luckily manually editing the h2song file did the trick and when you zoom out the pattern editor completely you can edit the 64 size pattern.
The result: http://linux.autostatic.com/temp/live-s ... drogen.ogg
Filesize approx. 35 mb
The footage was edited with OpenShot on my Fedora office machine.
The song itself is far from being finished, it's just a raw idea actually, barely worked out.