Black Sheep Riot - "I Don't Need You" (Punk) (Lyric video)

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Nachei
Established Member

Black Sheep Riot - "I Don't Need You" (Punk) (Lyric video)

Post by Nachei »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJDhCnLpgTA

A very simple lyric video I made for one of my songs.

Video made with Kdenlive, Gimp, MtPaint.

Song made with Reaper, Drumgizmo, LV2 plugins.

This project in fact surged as I was on my way to another; I was working on another song, big and hairy, and I realized that, to fulfill the usual delivery time of 14 days I've set for myself, I needed to create some kind of "buffer". So I thought of taking this song, which had already been published, although in a very minority way, and adding a simple image to it. The plan would work as long as in the middle of the process, I wouldn't suddenly go "wait! But what if I try..." Fortunately that didn't happen, so I could expedite this video quickly...

A great thing I discovered about Kdenlive (version 22): you can drag an image directly into the timeline, and the program "gets it", it puts the image into the timeline + adds it to the project bin. I don't know if it's something you could do in previous versions too.
oscillator
Established Member

Re: Black Sheep Riot - "I Don't Need You" (Punk) (Lyric video)

Post by oscillator »

Musically I think this is one of your best songs! A bit heavier and more dynamic!

And catchy too!

Also, thanks for all KDENLIVE tips!

MusE DAW running on Debian 11 Testing/XFCE4.
https://oscillator.se/musik

Nachei
Established Member

Re: Black Sheep Riot - "I Don't Need You" (Punk) (Lyric video)

Post by Nachei »

Thank you for your comment, it takes a bit of a burden out of my shoulders because I always wondered if the execution wasn't a bit too cranky... My initial idea was making it sound "like a 70s punk band who has rehearsed maybe 3 times", that kind of sloppiness that some punk has... But I always wondered if maybe I took it too far... :lol: