Appropriate forum?

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

scott.thomason
Established Member

Appropriate forum?

Post by scott.thomason »

Hello all. Is this the appropriate area of LinuxMusicians for posting non-original cover recordings for critique? I like playing and producing as a musician, but I'm not a songwriter.
---scott

LinkedIn
tongo
Established Member

Re: Appropriate forum?

Post by tongo »

Hello , i thinks thats is not forbiden , but i'm not a modérator of the forum .
But if its présised , maybe that would not be a problem .
I thinks thats just have to be done under linux in this forum .
See you .
Loki Harfagr
Established Member

Post by Loki Harfagr »

I sort of hope so but never tried yet because I'm freezed at the reading of the "&" in the forum title, I wish it was an "OR" (non exclusive of course 8) ) but I suppose it's either i'm too rigid of ignorant with semantics of foreign (for I) languages :oops:
So, if you're not as shy just post it right now and prepare to be applaused or moderated :wink:
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

scott.thomason wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:06 pm Hello all. Is this the appropriate area of LinuxMusicians for posting non-original cover recordings for critique? I like playing and producing as a musician, but I'm not a songwriter.
Part of the reasoning behind the 'Original' in the forum title is to make it clear this is not meant as an exchange for 3rd-party scores/recordings (which might be problematic due to copyright), but a forum to show off your own creativity. Covers should be fine I think.
Loki Harfagr wrote: I'm freezed at the reading of the "&" in the forum title, I wish it was an "OR"
Yeah, language is hard ;). I'd say it was intended as a contraction of "Original scores and original recordings", meaning the *forum* will contain both, but any individual post isn't required to have both.