Black Sheep Riot - "Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye (Built-In Pistol Version)" (Leonard Cohen cover) (Lyric video)

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Nachei
Established Member

Black Sheep Riot - "Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye (Built-In Pistol Version)" (Leonard Cohen cover) (Lyric video)

Post by Nachei »

Here's a new lyric video I made, again with Kdenlive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWM-ctGW3Es

Also used: Reaper, LV2 plugins, MtPaint and Gimp.

In my previous video I got the impression that I made it too "busy", so for this one I tried to stick to something simpler, but that still had some connection with the music. My big discovery this time was that, if you make a traveling of an image in one direction, then change it to another direction, it looks harsh and artificial; but if, separating one from the next, you use a fade out and then a fade in, then it looks cool and cinematic :) ...
oscillator
Established Member

Re: Black Sheep Riot - "Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye (Built-In Pistol Version)" (Leonard Cohen cover) (Lyric video)

Post by oscillator »

Hey that was cool to listen too! I liked it! I haven't listened much to Cohen, and I hadn't heard this song before. So now I listened to the original and I like yours more.

The simple video worked fine!

Thanks for sharing!

MusE DAW running on Debian 11 Testing/XFCE4.
https://oscillator.se/musik

Nachei
Established Member

Re: Black Sheep Riot - "Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye (Built-In Pistol Version)" (Leonard Cohen cover) (Lyric video)

Post by Nachei »

Thanks man. The song is from Leonard's first album, which had very sparse arrangements (voice + acoustic guitar + his characteristic female background vocals). The cover was a weird idea I had one day, when I noticed that the chords of the song were in fact quite simple, i.e. punkifiable... Anyways, thank you for listening...