Black Sheep Riot - "Pop Punk Is An Oxymoron" (Lyric video)

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Nachei
Established Member

Black Sheep Riot - "Pop Punk Is An Oxymoron" (Lyric video)

Post by Nachei »

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48WwmSEVpZE
A new attempt at lyric video for one of my songs; music was made with Reaper, its built-in plugins and a few LV2's and VST's via LinVST.

The video was made using Gimp, MtPaint and Kdenlive, taking advantage like in the previous one of Kdenlive's new subtitles function. This time I also got great advantage of the "replace clip" option, which allowed me to use my previous project as a starting point, reusing much of the transitions I had done. I'd say 35% of the content is new, the rest is from the previous project, duely shuffled and reworked.

Oddly enough, Kdenlive doesn't have, or I didn't find, an option to delete the guides I used in the previous session, but I found this way of doing it that speeds things up: right click on the guide, then pressing enter selects the first option, which is precisely the one you need, "delete guide", and a second enter executes the deletion. In this way you can go through all the guides deleting them very quickly (right click, enter, enter... right click, enter, enter...)
oscillator
Established Member

Re: Black Sheep Riot - "Pop Punk Is An Oxymoron" (Lyric video)

Post by oscillator »

haha that was brilliant! Straight to the point!

"Call it something else or fuck off!" :)

I liked the video too, simple but it really does the job.

I have always liked kdenlive, and it keeps getting better and better.

MusE DAW running on Debian 11 Testing/XFCE4.
https://oscillator.se/musik

Nachei
Established Member

Re: Black Sheep Riot - "Pop Punk Is An Oxymoron" (Lyric video)

Post by Nachei »

Thank you for listening, I'm glad you liked it... I've always tried to be very critical with my lyrics, but lately I'm happily reaching pamphlet levels, I take something that bugs me and start to poke somebody's eye with it... Nobody cares anyway, so...

Kdenlive is a wonderful piece of software, at least for these short <5min clips I use it is absolutely great... I'm totally impaired in matters of design, and I think that the fact that even I can come up with something shows how advanced technology (and free software) have become... :)