Black Sheep Riot - "Ready To Blow" (Punk Rock) - Lyric video

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Nachei
Established Member

Black Sheep Riot - "Ready To Blow" (Punk Rock) - Lyric video

Post by Nachei »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ3UrjHXgkI

Song made with Reaper, Drumgizmo, and diverse LV2 plugins and also VST's vía LinVst.

Video made with Kdenlive, using version 20's new feature that allows to add subtitles. I firstly tried to add the lyrics manually, phrase by phrase, in order to have different typographies and effects, but it is always the same struggle: it takes a lot of boring sweeping to-and-fro of the clips until you sync them with the music, and even then the synchronization is often not very accurate. There are online services out there who have a lot of luscious text presentation options, but you find the same usability problem, magnified by the online interface factor.

On the contrary, with Kdenlive, with this new option for subtitles, and the key Ins that allows to create quick markers, adding the lyrics was a breeze...
oscillator
Established Member

Re: Black Sheep Riot - "Ready To Blow" (Punk Rock) - Lyric video

Post by oscillator »

Oh I liked the lyrics!! Spot on (except maybe the "so gay" part that I didn't understand).

The music worked really well with the lyrics too!

And thanks for mentioning the new subtitles feature in kdenlive, have to check that one out!

MusE DAW running on Debian 11 Testing/XFCE4.
https://oscillator.se/musik

Nachei
Established Member

Post by Nachei »

Thank you for your comment, glad you liked it. As for the "so gay" part...

I knew it could get me in trouble, in our way-too-literal times. It's a great piece of feedback for me knowing that you didn't even get what I meant.

First and foremost, I have no problems whatsoever with anybody's sexual orientation. My position is: as long as there is consent and everybody has a fun time, each one should rub whatever they want against whomever they want, and that's only the involved's business.

I used the expression in a sense of "half assed", "wishy-washy", "wussified"... Plus also in the literal, archaic meaning of "happy, gladly" (gladly, without fighting it, giving away your freedoms to a display).

Funny because the singer of Mastodon got in trouble recently for using the same expression, so I'm up there with the greats... :D I just meant "pussy", "too pastel". In any case, I wrote the song about 3 years ago, I guess I wouldn't use the expression anymore... Punk is about shocking and I try to be as blunt and crude as possible in the way I say things (nothing as blunt and crude as this shitshow of reality we have), but I'm sorry if somebody took offense. Anyways, thank you for your feedback...
oscillator
Established Member

Post by oscillator »

Hey no offense taken! And thank you for the explanation. English is not my native language. But hey, I did READ the lyrics1 :)

I i really liked the lyrics -- a lot! Kind of a sister/brother to my latest track: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24624

Or rather this one, but you have to know Swedish to get it: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24490

Anyways, keep up the angry attack on reality, I know I will.

MusE DAW running on Debian 11 Testing/XFCE4.
https://oscillator.se/musik

Nachei
Established Member

Post by Nachei »

Yeah, I can certainly see the connection; your song ("Ge Upp") and mine are close cousins thematically. You can be the next Ministry/Nine Inch Nails, and I'll be the next Pantera/Bad Religion :lol:

I would just argue that the "angry attack" is BY reality. I just defend myself...

Anyways, thank you for commenting and see you around...
jeanette_c
Established Member

Post by jeanette_c »

Hey @Nachei , what can I say? This is very much punk. I mean that in the best way possible. You brought on the raw energy and the devil-may-care attitude. The beat sometimes sounds a little humpa, which is fun. :)
--
distro: ArchLinux, DAW: Nama, MIDI sequencer: Midish
All my latest music on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rf ... 7jhC1Jnv7g
Albums, patches and Csound on http://juliencoder.de