nois tar and other albums

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

caryoscelus
Established Member

nois tar and other albums

Post by caryoscelus »

last time i published properly "linuxed" album , it was just a day before the war started , so i completely forgot to post about it here . it's called "nois tar" — and it's noicer noise than some other of my stuff . you can find it on bandcamp at

https://caryoscelus.bandcamp.com/album/nois-tar

or you can find it on decentralised censorship-resistant demi-dark web that i came to be the lead developer of a fork of (zeronet-conservancy)

but back to the album: unlike a lot of stuff i've been doing recently it is a collection of tracks rather than an hour (or more) long record potentially split into pieces . originally a few years back i wanted to make a noise album out of processing improvisations on classic guitar that i recorded before having to part with that guitar for a long time . it never came to be in that form , but a couple of tracks are there and the rest is despite different methods is in somewhat similar style : mostly drony , distorted , often rhythmic noise tracks that one can easily relax to (i know it's hard to read subtle humour these days — i fully understand that my noise doesn't relax most people , but to me it largely is meditative)

as per usual , tracks are made in ardour using free software plugins / synths as well as incorporating libre culture tracks (see individual tracks for details) and are themselves libre culture (CC-BY-SA license) , feel free to remix or use in libre videos or whatever

but i'll use this post to mention my other albums (released since my last post) which has much less to do with GNU/Linux :

- https://caryoscelus.bandcamp.com/album/201020 is a somewhat arbitrarily split into tracks two hour live piano improvisations recorded along with naturally occurring noises of a slow party . it's not processed electronically besides being cut by ffmpeg
- https://caryoscelus.bandcamp.com/album/ ... lnaja-jama is our latest release — the first fully collaborative one . i can list random tags that i think are applicable , but i'll spare you the chase for the unattainable ; this album is an invitation to an hour improvised journey that you have to either accept and immerse into our pass by . it's more absolute than most of my stuff , you have to dig in to like it , but i believe you'll get a lot out of it if you do (it's also not very linuxy — all acoustic recorded on android phone)

i'll get back to "creative comments" and other libre software processed stuff as soon as i can get a new computer and recover my harddrive

happy listening and don't be afraid of the new — the world of music is limitless and so are your capabilities of enjoying it
libre artist in many media :: site :: support my music on badcamp :: liberapay ::
ko-fi
oscillator
Established Member

Re: nois tar and other albums

Post by oscillator »

I have only had the time (and technical opportunity) to listen to some parts of this, but so far I like it a lot!

I think you have evolved since the old stuff, which I liked. I will get back to you music and listen more.

As you wrote, is noisy a meditative term or is it disrupting? Well, I think this is very relaxing.

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Staffan

MusE DAW running on Debian 11 Testing/XFCE4.
https://oscillator.se/musik

scott.thomason
Established Member

Re: nois tar and other albums

Post by scott.thomason »

caryoscelus wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:00 pm ...(it's also not very linuxy — all acoustic recorded on android phone)...
Hey, Android _is_ built from Linux. A highly-modified version to be sure, but Linux just the same.
---scott

LinkedIn