The Wooden Toy

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

milo
Established Member

Re: The Wooden Toy

Post by milo »

Wow, I missed a lot if great music by being so far behind on this forum. I like to give everything posted here a listen, and this song deserves several. As others have said, you made VPO sound great here, and this is a lovely little tune l. It think it hit the spot you were aiming for.

I kept noticing that one of your melodies was familiar, and finally I placed it: "Drip, drip, drop little April showers" from the old Disney movie Bambi.
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Re: The Wooden Toy

Post by Rainmak3r »

milo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:04 pm Wow, I missed a lot if great music by being so far behind on this forum. I like to give everything posted here a listen, and this song deserves several. As others have said, you made VPO sound great here, and this is a lovely little tune l. It think it hit the spot you were aiming for.
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it so much!
milo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:04 pm I kept noticing that one of your melodies was familiar, and finally I placed it: "Drip, drip, drop little April showers" from the old Disney movie Bambi.
I remember watching that movie A LOT as a kid (and I ALWAYS cried!), but I didn't remember the tune, I had to look it up. It's amazing the level of music Disney had in its old movies: this could very well be a classical piece! I don't hear that much of a similarity, though: a good chunk of influence for the main part came from this part of the "Peter and the Wolf" parade, and there the familiarity may indeed be a bit too much :mrgreen: