Field Recordings Volume Two - new music

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

caprenter
Established Member

Field Recordings Volume Two - new music

Post by caprenter »

Hello everyone

Had a quick click around before posting, so this is being written whiles listening to other people's tracks - I'll post to those over the coming week. Always a pleasure!

So, this is to let you know that I've put another set of field recording based compositions out:
https://theargentgrub.bandcamp.com/albu ... volume-two

I'm experimenting with pricing on Bandcamp, but I wouldn't expect anyone here to pay, so if you want to download a copy:
EITHER message me directly and I'll send it to you
OR use one of these codes (this will be a pain because it's one code per person - so you might have to try a few before it works. I will come back and edit this post and remove any used codes, but I may not be instant!) Redeem at https://theargentgrub.bandcamp.com/yum

Redeemed/Removed
bghq-6r8j
5jww-j56l
akd2-w58l
ryq5-h3bj
d28f-js4k
hqzl-yq5q
hb2j-7z2t
qxl6-5zx7
94et-bgm5
ns72-xu9r

Anyway, about the music:
Immersive musical soundscapes from the captured sound of motorways, generators, household appliances, and more.

Raw field recordings are matched to musical ideas and crafted into tracks that make these otherwise industrial noises listenable. At the same time, the recordings need room to breathe and to be heard, to work with the music, to neither dominate it or to be lost behind it.

For best results, find a quiet place. Stop. Listen.

Download includes a sleeve notes booklet (PDF).

Production:
Usual mixture of Ardour as the base DAW, and real guitar through some analogue effects, and some plugins. Other instruments via midi. Field Recordings just done on the phone. I've tried to credit all the plugin makers per track.

If you have any questions I'm happy to answer them. As ever I'm really grateful to people taking the time to listen and comment.
Last edited by caprenter on Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
bulevardi
Established Member

Re: Field Recordings Volume Two - new music

Post by bulevardi »

Very nicely done!
I also love to do field recordings more.
I done it for one song before, also with my phone. But the sound quality wasn't that great.
Maybe I'll buy some more professional but compact recorder that I'll wear when walking through the city, capturing sounds to experiment with later on on my computer.

Great album artwork too btw :)
Instagram, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes,....
Get In Touch^^
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

Late to the thread, but I've gotta say I really enjoyed listening to these tracks. They are nicely crafted and I think you accomplished your goal of accompanying but not burying the ambient sounds.
OccinticLady
Established Member

Post by OccinticLady »

Hi!
Ooooo, nice and relaxing mood.
I especially appreciate the buildup and the sudden end of 372m...it leaves the listener hanging and therefore wanting more...that is nicely done...
As four other Bards once mentioned:"thank you for the music"...
Melissa
caprenter
Established Member

Post by caprenter »

Just a note that all the Bandcamp codes for this album have been redeemed now, but I still have a few left - so message me if you'd like a copy.