Anger Wings

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Rainmak3r
Established Member

Anger Wings

Post by Rainmak3r »

Hi all,

I just published a new track:

https://soundcloud.com/lminiero/anger-wings

It's another track in the same vein as Frozen Ground and Fragments, so tighter and heavier metal riffing in a more direct song. It's actually (at least to me) very predictable, and possibly way too similar to the other tracks I mentioned in some parts, but I had the riff in mind for a long time, and I also liked the idea of the riff/solo "battle" you can hear in the track: at a certain point, it was basically screaming to be recorded! As I'm working on a couple of much more complex tracks and didn't really feel like working on those the last weekend, I decided to just record this simpler and more direct effort instead.

The title is a stupid pun, a mix of "Angel Wings" and "Anger Wins": since this gave me an angry/frustrated kind of vibe, I felt the title was appropriate!

As a technical curiosity, I just installed Ardour 6.7, which seems to come with some "conformity" indicators when you analyse the exported audio. I used the "loudness assistant" (not sure if it was there before already) to get out something that supposedly should make most streaming services happy, and complies with EBU R128 as well. No idea if that did the trick (it feels less loud than other things I've published for sure), but hopefully this is a good thing.

Hope you'll enjoy this!
milo
Established Member

Re: Anger Wings

Post by milo »

I like the part starting in about 2:20 where the guitars play call and echo with one another. A very nice little passage there.
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

Very descriptive title :) Also makes me think of some kind of chase scene. Nice touch with the lead line from about 2/3 through.
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

milo wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:24 pm I like the part starting in about 2:20 where the guitars play call and echo with one another. A very nice little passage there.
Yeah, that's the "riff/solo" battle I mentioned in the description: the idea for the riff, and its two variations, came first, and I chose to double them at the octaves as I did in Fragments; then I added the solo responses to that. I like how "conversational" it ended up being!
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

folderol wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:26 pm Very descriptive title :) Also makes me think of some kind of chase scene. Nice touch with the lead line from about 2/3 through.
Chase scene suggests adrenaline, so I'll take that :lol:
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

Very nice track! It has the "driving a chopper" sound of 70s heavy metal, with some touches of heavier stuff from the 80s and maybe Cynic. I like the shred part of a lot!
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

Basslint wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:31 am Very nice track! It has the "driving a chopper" sound of 70s heavy metal, with some touches of heavier stuff from the 80s and maybe Cynic. I like the shred part of a lot!
Heh, Cynic: I wish! :mrgreen: I'm still waiting for the new album, but last I heard 2/3s of them have passed away...
oscillator
Established Member

Post by oscillator »

milo wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:24 pm I like the part starting in about 2:20 where the guitars play call and echo with one another. A very nice little passage there.
That is my favorite part too! :) Had to listen to it a couple of time! Great guitar playing!!!

A very "direct" song, like it a lot!

MusE DAW running on Debian 11 Testing/XFCE4.
https://oscillator.se/musik

Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

oscillator wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:41 am
That is my favorite part too! :) Had to listen to it a couple of time! Great guitar playing!!!

A very "direct" song, like it a lot!
Thanks, glad you liked it!
jeanette_c
Established Member

Post by jeanette_c »

Hi @Rainmak3r , this song delivers! Yes, it might not be the reinvention of music, but there is a time for that and a time to just deliver and dispense a few endorphines, comfort and familiarity.
I enjoy the production of this song. It's very rough, slightly trashy, but in a very good way. It befits the track, part of the great delivery! In my opinion you really nailed it!
Thanks for sharing and best wishes, Jeanette
--
distro: ArchLinux, DAW: Nama, MIDI sequencer: Midish
All my latest music on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rf ... 7jhC1Jnv7g
Albums, patches and Csound on http://juliencoder.de
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

Sounds nice, to my current mindset just what I needed. Personally, I am still dreaming playing guitar like you :-)

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM