Single | OST | India | Bengali new track

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

SagnikBhatt
Established Member

Single | OST | India | Bengali new track

Post by SagnikBhatt »

Hey all. I am from Kolkata, India. I am newbie in songwriting and producing. I use ubuntustudio 20.10 .
Here is the latest bengali song that I made for a short film my friend is making "The Penumbra".
The song is called "অন্ধকার" pronounced as ondhokaar meaning darkness.
You can listen it here

[https://youtu.be/L_sw_yr2n90]

Hope you like it. Comment here or on the video on how you find it. I would love some unbiased comments as it would help a beginner like me a lot. :) :) :) <3
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Re: Single | OST | India | Bengali new track

Post by Rainmak3r »

Hi Sagnik, and first of all welcome!

I did like the track, and the video is nice too. I haven't watched the movie you mention, so I don't know how it fits there, but as a standalone piece of music it's definitely enjoyable: I liked vocals in particular. Did you play all parts using real instruments, or are there synthetizers/plugins somewhere? I'm particularly curious about the percussions that accompany the song, which feel like some sort of tambourine, but I'm sure have a different name.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

Hi @SagnikBhatt! I really like this one. My favorite parts of the video are the scenes in the bedroom studio with the vocalist and guitarist. I hope you will be happy to know that I restarted it immediately after it finished because I wanted to listen again.

I'm curious what hardware and software you're using. Whatever it is, you put together a really nice sound.
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

I enjoyed this a lot. Quite unique. However, I do get very concerned about youtube videos these days. I regard google as an implacable enemy these days.
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
PieterPenninckx
Established Member

Post by PieterPenninckx »

I like this track, you achieved a lot with just a few instruments. I think it fits the film quite well.
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

Very nice! :D
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
oscillator
Established Member

Post by oscillator »

That is a great, quite hypnotic song, with really good vocals!

I liked the simple arrangement (in the best meaning of the word), the guitar solo was a bit unexpected (for me), I liked the more dry sound in the first section of it.

Very clean production too!

Great work!

MusE DAW running on Debian 11 Testing/XFCE4.
https://oscillator.se/musik

jeanette_c
Established Member

Post by jeanette_c »

Hey hey, thanks for sharing this. Such a refreshingly interesting track. With the background I have it keeps meandering between film music, progrock and ambient. I like the darkness in the music. Just when I think it gets too oppressive, it turns into a comfortable darkness.
There are two points with the production about which I am uncertain. You can definitely get away with both in this open arrangement. Personally, I find that the reverb on the vocals could use a little EQ'ing to lower mid frequencies, perhaps even lowcut a little more. The other point is, when the phaser comes in, shortly before three minutes, the lower end of the phased sound brings some mud. Again EQ or a little filtering might help. As I say: in this case both points are not really critical, since you have left so much space.
I love the guitar sound and the harmonies in the song in general. The autotuned vocals are fascinating. Not what _I_ would expect in this setting. They surprised me and always brought my attention back to them. Quirky, but nice! <3
Best wishes, Jeanette
--
distro: ArchLinux, DAW: Nama, MIDI sequencer: Midish
All my latest music on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rf ... 7jhC1Jnv7g
Albums, patches and Csound on http://juliencoder.de