Bandshed Records Pandemic releases..

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

GMaq
Established Member

Bandshed Records Pandemic releases..

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

Well I guess one silver lining of a pandemic is studio time if you have a home studio... I see (and have finally heard) a lot of friends and acquaintances here have been busy in their studios as well.. I've been away working offline and working on AVL-MXE in my spare time and when I finally got some time to listen to what everyone has been up to I was blown away at the sheer volume of great productions that have been posted here, to coin a phrase "I love what you've done with the place!"

Just posting a couple of album projects that come out of our little studio/label this past year that I haven't had time to post yet.. These projects were both produced by my son Connor. 'TV Dog - Saturated Icons' is a two man effort with a friend from Toronto who quarantined and then came to stay with us and 'Abstraction Fetish' is a solo project. To know what you're getting into I would classify them as Indie rock with splashes of jazz and ambient influences and a touche of avant-garde here and there..

Saturated Icons by TV Dog: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=O ... qXXBWVVREg

Abstraction Fetish by Connor MacArthur: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=O ... L_psJuv6Hs

At least 3 more albums coming out hopefully before the end of summer 2021...

Your time is appreciated and comments are valued! If it's not your thing... cool too, lots of other great stuff to find in this forum! :wink:
Rodney
Established Member

Re: Bandshed Records Pandemic releases..

Post by Rodney »

wow that´s awesome, taking a look at it right now, congratulations Glenn! :D
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

I haven't listened to the albums yet, but as an Italian metalhead I feel already insulted by a song called "Metal Spaghetti" :lol:
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

@Rodney

Thanks!

@Rainmak3r

Oh no! :oops: A double insult even... I will send the band to sensitivity training... :wink:
caprenter
Established Member

Post by caprenter »

I think you got the descriptions spot on for these. If you like that sort of thing, then these are right up there with other music in that genre. (and I do like this sort of thing). The guitars sound great, there are some lovely effects, the vocals fit really well, etc, etc

I'd echo what you say about there being lots of really good stuff posted around here, and I think these two albums are right up there with the rest.
I'm glad you find time to use the tools -and thank you very much for making them!
Look forward to hearing the other releases.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

caprenter wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:22 pm I think you got the descriptions spot on for these. If you like that sort of thing, then these are right up there with other music in that genre. (and I do like this sort of thing). The guitars sound great, there are some lovely effects, the vocals fit really well, etc, etc

I'd echo what you say about there being lots of really good stuff posted around here, and I think these two albums are right up there with the rest.
I'm glad you find time to use the tools -and thank you very much for making them!
Look forward to hearing the other releases.
Thanks! Appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment! I guess in hindsight 2 albums is a lot to expect people to absorb..oops!
caprenter
Established Member

Post by caprenter »

GMaq wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:33 pm I guess in hindsight 2 albums is a lot to expect people to absorb..oops!
Ha - yeah, it's a a bit easier to check out a single track - BUT it's nice to have album when you've got an hour of email to get through.
TV Dog is working out just fine for that task this Friday.
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

Finally got to this -- working through the backlog.

Thanks for posting this. Connor is one talented guy! These albums have a sharper edge than his last one, which was rather gloomy. I think I like the last one better, honestly, but that's a matter of taste.

The guitar work is suberb. In the heavier parts I hear some shoegazer influence, perhaps? He would probably enjoy Ride's first album, and My Bloody Valentine, if he's not already familiar with them.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

milo wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:13 pm Finally got to this -- working through the backlog.

Thanks for posting this. Connor is one talented guy! These albums have a sharper edge than his last one, which was rather gloomy. I think I like the last one better, honestly, but that's a matter of taste.

The guitar work is suberb. In the heavier parts I hear some shoegazer influence, perhaps? He would probably enjoy Ride's first album, and My Bloody Valentine, if he's not already familiar with them.
Thanks milo!

Appreciate the listens and comments, The TV Dog album was co-written with Brock (the other band member) and I'm not sure what his influences are, will have to ask next time I see him.. I will mention those bands and have a listen myself. Thanks and keep up the great work on your stuff, I haven't taken an opportunity to listen to your podcast yet but I hope to when time allows.
psyocean
Established Member

Post by psyocean »

Big work! Like Time Machine, my mind fly in 60-70... Good! :)
Guitar and synth tales... https://www.youtube.com/user/Psyocean/
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

Had these running through the early morning while doing 'stuff'. Connor's album in particular was a very pleasant listen indeed 8)
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}