Conversations in Stereo - Episode 2

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

milo
Established Member

Conversations in Stereo - Episode 2

Post by milo »

I just posted episode 2 of the Conversations in Stereo podcast about home recording. This was edited, mixed, and mastered in Ardour. LSP sidechain compressor and noise gate were the most important plugins. I also used the conventional LSP compressor and limiter, and Calf Flanger makes a cameo at the beginning.

https://sanderson.band/2021/04/24/podcast2/

Enjoy!
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Re: Conversations in Stereo - Episode 2

Post by Rainmak3r »

Ah, missed this during the weekend... I know what to listen to while I'm working tomorrow then! :mrgreen:
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

Foot tapping. Head nodding. Must be a sucess :)
Thanks for making me feel like a teenager again with that first track :lol:

Oh, and overall it's a lovely mix of old and new.
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

Rainmak3r wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:28 pm Ah, missed this during the weekend... I know what to listen to while I'm working tomorrow then! :mrgreen:
Interesting conversation once more! And it did remind me of "Mind Cavern", which I liked a lot at the time but had forgotten about. Did you ever post "Anywhere but here" instead? I think I would have remembered that, as I love the Beatles vibes there!

PS: if your wife doesn't like repetition, I guess she'd hate my music :lol:
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

Rainmak3r wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:57 pm Interesting conversation once more! And it did remind me of "Mind Cavern", which I liked a lot at the time but had forgotten about. Did you ever post "Anywhere but here" instead? I think I would have remembered that, as I love the Beatles vibes there!

PS: if your wife doesn't like repetition, I guess she'd hate my music :lol:
I posted about "Pity Party," but not about "Anywhere but Here" specifically. That is one of my favorite tracks on the album, and one of my favorite Tom tracks of all time.

It's a been a really good thing for my composition skills to have wife with such a low tolerance for repetition :)

Actually, I have played some of your tracks at home for the family, with fairly positive reviews. IIRC, the music box one was well received, and the one about wind on the lake. They even sat through the viking metal piece and liked ... parts of it. Nobody is really a metal fan in my house, but I think they appreciated the artful storytelling.