[noise mv] count misfortune

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

caryoscelus
Established Member

[noise mv] count misfortune

Post by caryoscelus »

that kind of noise — count misfortune

another music video and another video utilizing silent movie footage — except this time i made music after the video (so technically one might see it as a video with soundtrack instead of mv F_F)

full album is coming soon
libre artist in many media :: site :: support my music on badcamp :: liberapay ::
ko-fi
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: [noise mv] count misfortune

Post by sysrqer »

I like this, particularly having a video for the music as well.

How did you make the music?
caryoscelus
Established Member

Re: [noise mv] count misfortune

Post by caryoscelus »

thanks! i kinda made this a video specifically to appeal to broader audience ;) but at the same time the music wholly depended on the video: i loaded it into ardour and layered music on top, always checking how it plays together. i started with some heavily distorted and otherwise processed "saw" yoshimi synth, then got the drumset (from fluid R3 GM) sound noisy enough and found some places to introduce it (around 1:00 and later), then added reverse-delayed piano intro and detuning (using am pitchshifter). i added bells 'cause i literally felt they were needed there. later in the track there's "held" reverb (using freeverb) and some bass and rhythm stuff (because it's time to release tension into some action ^_^)
libre artist in many media :: site :: support my music on badcamp :: liberapay ::
ko-fi