'scapes — soundscape guitar improvisation

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

caryoscelus
Established Member

'scapes — soundscape guitar improvisation

Post by caryoscelus »

as the year ends i'm trying to tie all the loose ends and thus releasing a lot of stuff that was lying around waiting — one of these is three track soundscape album i've recorded back in january , in the vein of nice place , 'scapes . it was recorded the same way : layers of guitars (and some percussion this time) improvised (each) in one take , with automation adjustments before and after

cc-by-sa , ardour , electric guitars and lots of ladspa . as usual , album have been originally published in a grey network 0net
libre artist in many media :: site :: support my music on badcamp :: liberapay ::
ko-fi
LAM
Established Member

Re: 'scapes — soundscape guitar improvisation

Post by LAM »

rarefied atmosphere 8) not my genre but i like it.

in mix, nobody can hear your screen

caryoscelus
Established Member

Post by caryoscelus »

thanks for listening ;)
libre artist in many media :: site :: support my music on badcamp :: liberapay ::
ko-fi
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

I really love this genre and I think you did a great job at conveying emotion. I find it inspiring, thank you for sharing! :D
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
caryoscelus
Established Member

Post by caryoscelus »

Glad to hear that ;) I'm interested how would you call this genre? (I rarely know how to classify my music heh)
ko-fi
jeanette_c
Established Member

Re: 'scapes -- soundscape guitar improvisation

Post by jeanette_c »

This is an interesting "soundscapes" album. I enjoyed the textures and the glimmerings of a varied heritage. I think I never listened to guitar based soundscapes before, not in that way. Thanks for an intriguing and educational album.
Best wishes, Jeanette
--
distro: ArchLinux, DAW: Nama, MIDI sequencer: Midish
All my latest music on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rf ... 7jhC1Jnv7g
Albums, patches and Csound on http://juliencoder.de
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

caryoscelus wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:47 am Glad to hear that ;) I'm interested how would you call this genre? (I rarely know how to classify my music heh)
No need to have specific genres :D I would call it ambient guitar, though :wink:
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
caryoscelus
Established Member

Re: 'scapes -- soundscape guitar improvisation

Post by caryoscelus »

jeanette_c wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:54 pm This is an interesting "soundscapes" album. I enjoyed the textures and the glimmerings of a varied heritage. I think I never listened to guitar based soundscapes before, not in that way. Thanks for an intriguing and educational album.
Best wishes, Jeanette
Thanks for your words ^_^
Basslint wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:11 am No need to have specific genres :D I would call it ambient guitar, though :wink:
I guess my problem with that is "ambient" usually refering to something i don't find engaging enough to keep listening to ... but maybe that's just my bad luck :)
ko-fi