The Seventh Wise Man

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

TAERSH
Established Member

The Seventh Wise Man

Post by TAERSH »

Hi.

The Seventh Wise Man

This is a song which is already published on YouTube for around 3 years by now.
It has gained 80 views in three years, so nobody ever was interested into the video, the song and the message.

Yesterday I received a mail from YouTube about a user's complain and review by YouTube team.
After watching the video they set my video to age-restriction of 18+.

Within the video there's nothing to see, what would do harm to anyone.
No matter if 18- or 18+. All the pictures used in the video are freely available via Google Images.
That's where I took them from, which is also mentioned at the end of the video.

I wrote a message to these suckers, and if they do not revert the age-restriction, I'm going to delete my YouTube channel
on the end date of 31. October 2020.
Last edited by TAERSH on Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spamatica
Established Member

Re: The Seventh Wise Man

Post by spamatica »

TAERSH wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:07 pm Hi.

The Seventh Wise Man

This is a song which is already published on YouTube for around 3 years by now.
It has gained 80 views in three years, so nobody ever was interested into the video, the song and the message.

Yesterday I received a mail from YouTube about a user's complain and review by YouTube team.
After watching the video they set my video to age-restriction of 18+.

Within the video there's nothing to see, what would do harm to anyone.
No matter if 18- or 18+. All the pictures used in the video are freely available via Google Images.
That's where I took them from, which is also mentioned at the end of the video.

I wrote a message to these suckers, and if they do not revert the age-restriction, I'm going to delete my YouTube channel
on the end date of 31. October 2020.
Not sure what you are trying to say, posting this here, now? A shame that they do that, yes. This is the world we live in... The services are free but there is always a price to pay, not the least the loss of control.

I guess I rarely provoke the rules enough to be target of any real troubles... like censorship. It IS a technical marvel that we can share videos nearly limitlessly with the entire world, at least if we abide by the ever changing rules.
Imagine a world without these services, I lived half my live without, still it's pretty much inconceivable to me.

Sure you can remove your account but then no one will listen to your songs?
I feel a bit like the devils advocate saying this :)

Anyhow, cool song, good recording!
MusE DAW
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

I'm just telling about it, as there's probably one or two subscribers from this forum.

Just looking at the views it seems there's some people listening to my music.
But looking at the statistics offers another picture. And the statistics no one can see - except me.
For lifetime my videos do have an average view duration in between of 7% and 54.1%.
In total there's an average view duration of 17.5% of all my videos/music.

So, there's already no one listening to my music at YouTube. :lol:

From my point of view YouTube already removed too many channels that I was watching from time to time.
I like to watch/hear different views of political events and personal opinions.
Most of these channels are already removed by YouTube or deleted by the users themselves as for too many videos removed by YouTube as well as demonetizing such videos.

So, that censorship is a thorn in my eyes for a long time already.
Setting my harmless video and its true message to age-restriction was just one step too far!
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

What I don't understand is: all my videos have been defined as "not made for kids".
Some months ago there was a need to define videos being "made for kids" or being "not made for kids".
So, I defined them as "not made for kids" already.

As far as I know, kids are not allowed to have a YouTube account. So watching these videos without having an account should have been impossible already. However, by now I've defined all my videos to age-restriction of 18+, just to see what effect this will have on the audience and views etc. None of my videos have been monetized either, so it won't have any effect on that.
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

I can't see it because I don't own a personal Google account :lol:
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

Basslint wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:28 am I can't see it because I don't own a personal Google account :lol:
Yes, that's exactly what I feared.
So, no one without a Google or YouTube account can watch my videos anymore.

Meanwhile I tried LBRY as an alternative to YouTube, though its much too complicated for newbies.
Next I'm going to try Dailymotion. Perhaps I will survive by my Soundcloud account only.
Already checked Soundcloud-pro, though that's in-accessible for me, as I don't have PayPal an don't own a credit card.
So paying the bills for Soundcloud-pro won't work for me unless registering to PayPal.
I really don't want to register to PayPal, even though it would make my Ebay activities somehow easier.

I'm almost lost...
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

Have you looked at Vimeo?
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

TAERSH wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:24 pm
Basslint wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:28 am I can't see it because I don't own a personal Google account :lol:
Yes, that's exactly what I feared.
So, no one without a Google or YouTube account can watch my videos anymore.

Meanwhile I tried LBRY as an alternative to YouTube, though its much too complicated for newbies.
Next I'm going to try Dailymotion. Perhaps I will survive by my Soundcloud account only.
Already checked Soundcloud-pro, though that's in-accessible for me, as I don't have PayPal an don't own a credit card.
So paying the bills for Soundcloud-pro won't work for me unless registering to PayPal.
I really don't want to register to PayPal, even though it would make my Ebay activities somehow easier.

I'm almost lost...
What about https://clyp.it/ ?
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

I tried Dailymotion right now and uploaded a video successfully.
It took a few minutes until I could see it in my channel's library.
Seems to be easy to use, so far.
Though, I might try some others as well before deciding which one to use.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

The guitar sound and playing sounds a bit like Rush, which is nice. Since the piece is about transmitting what Stallman said, there's no progression as it acts as a backdrop. The piece is nice although it would also be nice to see it go through some developments, perhaps at the expense of not making it a vehicle for the words.

This is a twist of an explanation about youtube's community guidelines (includes 1-minute advert at the end) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGxbaxviRVw

By the way, anything wrong with bitchute ?
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

Hehe, the video was funny, thanks.

Yes, bitchute. I'd heard about it, though forgot this completely.
Will give it a go.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

TAERSH wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:36 am Yes, bitchute. I'd heard about it, though forgot this completely.
Will give it a go.
'Big ones' have chosen it, like David Icke, Amazing Polly, Max Igan, and others after being rejected by youtube, so it must be worthwhile.
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

BitChute is a video hosting service known for accommodating far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists, and for hosting hateful material. The platform was created in 2017 to allow video uploaders to avoid content rules enforcement on YouTube, and some creators who have been banned from YouTube or had their channels barred from receiving advertising revenue ("demonetized") have migrated to BitChute.
Na, I'm not a far-right winged individual, nor a conspiracy theorist. Also I'm not publishing any hateful material.
Being censored by YouTube doesn't turn anyone into being a far-right winged person automatically, no?
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

TAERSH wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:32 pm Na, I'm not a far-right winged individual, nor a conspiracy theorist. Also I'm not publishing any hateful material. Being censored by YouTube doesn't turn anyone into being a far-right winged person automatically, no?
Not sure about your question. I found the words you quoted, it's from wikipedia.

I wonder who put that statement in wikipedia. Who is that person, in which groups he/she sits.

After all, the rather large demonstration in Berlin that happened earlier this year was totally full of nazis and such. Authorities have identified thousands of members of armed militias. It was such an unsafe event that no children were seen. Nor any women. All the attendants of the demonstration were wearing hateful emblems and were dressed in combat fatigues and in black. So much that aerial photographs of the event were showing a black crowd.

No colours, no joy, no laughs, no smiles, nothing human but nazis filled the streets.

And imagine, Kennedy jr. doing a speech there, in front of Hate Impersonified. The Devil incarnated.

Isn't it.

Oder ?
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

Right now I found my video being marked for copyright violation. The part of the copyright claim is from 4:08 to 4:48. It's right after the music ends and when the text info about me, the OS and software used etc. starts scrolling from bottom to top. The sound to hear is some wind/storm and rain. This sound I created from different samples which were taken from a CD, Sony Soundforge Audio Studio 9, which I bought in 2008 when I was still using Windows. All samples are allowed and free to be used in my Songs.

There was already exactly the same copyright claim one or two days after I uploaded the video. Like then I now made again a dispute of the copyright claim. Then, in 2017 I had success with my dispute by the use of even the same arguments related of my ownership of the CD etc.

Really, this is ugly!

@jonetsu
When searching for bitchute there's a info box on the right side of the results page, where this description of bitchute appears. Yes, the full info is to be found at wikipedia. I don't know who's put that info on wikipedia, though, as far as I know, anyone can put information at wikipedia. However, it seems to continue to get more and more filled by false flag information.

Even though I don't believe that shit e.g. of Nazis only where demonstrating in Berlin, I'm not interested to get connected to any far-right winged Organisation and/or people. I don't have anything to do with extremists. Not on the far-right and not on the far-left.

I'm a radical democrat! :wink: