Call of the 80s

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

folderol
Established Member

Re: Call of the 80s

Post by folderol »

Rainmak3r wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:03 pm
folderol wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:56 pm Yep. Works for me :D
I kinda abused Yoshimi this time around, hope I did a good work with all the synths... :mrgreen: Thanks for making it so easy to use in Ardour!
Well, your performance was so interesting that I didn't initially recognise that Yoshimi was providing support - on listening back I can recongnise it now :)

These days, although I'm sort-of in the driving seat, there are several really good developers managing the more complex stuff.
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

crownbird wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:18 pm I'm really liking that synth part about 0:20 in, and your shredding is cool too. Also, I didn't know fender made guitars with Floyd Rose's in them. Good stuff.
The synth was rendered using the "Trem Preset" from the "Will Godfrey Collection", and I love it too!

The Fender model you see is an HSS, which means the pickups are Humbucker-Single coil-Single coil, and yep, mine has a Floyd Rose too. The Humbucker makes it more suited for metal, and in fact IIRC Dave Murray from Iron Maiden has a signature guitar like this. I'd still love to get my hands on a "standard" one sooner or later, though, as the HSS is not strictly speaking "traditional".

Thanks for listening!
hm11
Established Member

Post by hm11 »

This is right up ma ally lol. Great sound. I wasn't born in the 80's but out of what ive heard this certainly fits in, BTW nice guitar :)
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
- www.soundcloud.com/dannylyrica
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

hm11 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:25 pm This is right up ma ally lol. Great sound. I wasn't born in the 80's but out of what ive heard this certainly fits in, BTW nice guitar :)
Thanks! Which guitar did you like by the way? There were two of them :mrgreen:
hm11
Established Member

Post by hm11 »

I'm not savvy on the guitars, but the first one that starts, i guess the lead guitar? LOL
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
- www.soundcloud.com/dannylyrica
Gps
Established Member

Post by Gps »

I really like this, also the 80 ties vid. :)
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

hm11 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:54 pm I'm not savvy on the guitars, but the first one that starts, i guess the lead guitar? LOL
The light blue one is an EVH Wolfgang Standard :)
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

Gps wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:44 pm I really like this, also the 80 ties vid. :)
Thanks! The moment I found that looping synthwave background I knew I would have to use it somehow :mrgreen: I was also inspired by some of the videos Night Flight Orchestra do for their songs (like "This Time"), a band that is making amazing 80's rock albums TODAY!