NGC 1300

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

TAERSH
Established Member

NGC 1300

Post by TAERSH »

This song is named after the Galaxy NGC 1300.

When I composed this song in the end of 1995 I was a poor and lonely person, being the leader/chief of a musicians organization, heavily busy programming a database program to manage the members data of that musicians organization. My wife had left me shortly before that and taken everything with her. The only things she left was my instruments, music station (Hitachi) and computer, an Atari Mega ST4, which I used to compose this song. It's done with Cubase, Yamaha SY22 Synthesizer and Yamaha TG55 Sound Module. Mastered to a Yamaha MT100 4-track-recorder.

Here's the story of the idea behind the song.

A guy sitting in front of his radio. But nothing comes in, only the pure noise of the universe. So he tried to adjust the antenna and when he accidentally passed NGC1300 for a very short time a signal came in. So, he tried to re-adjust the antenna to get some more of this short signal, as it sounded interesting to him. It took some time (so, there's a long intro), but after successfully adjusting the antenna he received the song and recorded it to archive a proof of extraterrestrial lifeforms.

https://soundcloud.com/user-633698367/ngc1300

Have fun!
milo
Established Member

Re: NGC 1300

Post by milo »

Those aliens make some pretty awesome prog rock! I want to go to their concert. :) I like the pitch bending and strange synth sounds here and there. A nice touch.

With your life circumstances being as they were at the time, this track probably has a lot of mixed emotions for you. Hopefully things are better for you now.
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

Thanks.

Yes, all my life is well just as it is. :D

Edit:

Exception is the weirdness that's going on in my country. This is really unpleasant! :shock:
Last edited by TAERSH on Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

I hope the admins don't mind, but I just had overseen this forum is for music made with GNU/Linux. :oops:
Don't do it again, I promise! :wink: