removed

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

milo
Established Member

Re: No Baby talk

Post by milo »

No video? I wanted to see this instrument. I think you're getting decent sound out of your drum. Do you play along to recorded songs? Or do you have a friend to play along with?
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

bitsnpcs wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:27 pmI have not played along to recorded songs yet, is it a good way to learn ?
I was thinking about this yesterday to load a recorded song in to Audacity and add enough space before it begins to play so I can walk over and sit on the stool before it begins, I am unsure how to add that space yet. Record my playing then play it back with the song and to find ways to improve choice of playing along.
Yes. Playing along to recordings is the next best thing to playing with another human being in real time.

Audacity has a tool to move an audio clip left or right on the timeline. You can find it on the toolbar. It is a horizontal line with arrowheads on both sides. (see screenshot here: https://www.audacityteam.org/wp-content ... normal.png. The toolbar looks the same on Linux.) Just use this tool and move your clip 5-10 sec to the right.

Another option is to play a track in a regular media player on repeat 1. Or play along to the whole album.
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

That's a handsome instrument.