The Music of Noah's Ark and The New Ja'dahgweh

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Noahsark
Established Member

The Music of Noah's Ark and The New Ja'dahgweh

Post by Noahsark »

My name is Aj Bruno I am writing, recording and producing music
under the project title of Noah's Ark and The New Ja'dahgweh

I am using AVLinux which I really like alot and am still in the learning process...

So far I have 4 songs up on Bitchute and Youtube and plan to
open up a bandcamp and soundcloud account in due time...

https://www.bitchute.com/channel/KhTkvM1KpoAb/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrFUhy ... JdX0vrZSTg

Thank you to everyone who has made this possible by contributing to making Linux what it is today
in general and in the audio realm specifically, I really appreciate it!!!

I wouldn't be able to be producing this music without all the work you have done.

The Linux community is a testament to the greatness that we can achieve when
we open our hearts in and to freedom and give of ourselves openly.
milo
Established Member

Re: The Music of Noah's Ark and The New Ja'dahgweh

Post by milo »

I hear some nice raw talent here. Your band name makes it sound like there should be more of you than just one guy with a guitar. Is that an Iroquoi name?

A few specific comments:

"It is Now!" reminds me of Counting Crows. Very emotive vocals, but a bit hard to understand. I think you would do well to train this voice and learn how to control it. It is quite an instrument! The guitar sometimes sounds a bit muddy.

"The Way Home" has a nice fingerstyle guitar.

"Civilization Uncivilized" is a bluesy swing-feel cacophony.

"Get ON Out" is similar to the first track, but with an overdubbed lead guitar line which adds a lot to the piece.

Have you experimented with adding drums and bass to your music? Not sure if that is a sound you're going for, but some of your tracks have a 90's alternative rock vibe, and they would lend themselves well to a 4 or 5 piece rock band orchestration.

Thanks for sharing your tunes, and welcome to the forum!
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

My favorite is "The Way Home". I agree with Milo that bass and more percussion would fill things out, if that is something you are interested in incorporating. Keep it up!
Noahsark
Established Member

Post by Noahsark »

Thank you Michael and Milo for your feedback, it is much appreciated!

I plan on orchestrating all of the acoustic songs except for the improv ones which is
what Civil - Uncivil and The Way Home are.

I am still in the learning process with the linux audio thing.

I started out about 6 months ago knowing nothing about using a computer to record.

Years ago I had a 6 track tape machine that I used to record with no pre or post
effects. It went down on the tape live and mixed with no mastering what
so ever, it had this muddy sound that I liked in some way that gave it character.

But I am looking forward to learning more about using these Plug-in EQ's
to work that kind of stuff out - mastering is a disapline in itself!

I plan on taking those old recording and remastering them through Ardour and the calf plug ins and post them eventually...

Anyway... there is such a treasure here with linux it just amazing! I realized after fooling with the typing keyboard and amsynth a bit that I was going to need a MIDI controller keyboard with pads combo to use the existing palate of sounds that are there, especially the drum kits.
So after getting into working on orchestrating one of my songs I realized that I needed to stop and re-read the Ardour manual so I could utilize all of the
tools there are in regards to editing midi and audio in the program, so I stopped and just started to focus on recording the acoustic foundation that I will
later build on after becoming more proficient with using the program.

Yes Milo - Ja'dahgweh is an Iroquoi word...
https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=ja%27dahgweh

The old traveling Chautauqua's from over 100 years ago in America in my view represented a renaissance that was derailed by
corporate interest and needs to be revived, I see it as a freeing of ones own mind from the modern superstitions that plauge us,
and that only each invidual can do that for themselves. The New Ja'dahgweh is about understading what ales us and healing it -
to take the fish from out of the waters of the Picean Age and examine it - if we don't know where we are coming from we certainly will not
know where we are going. So it is also about putting history up on trial and exstracting the truth which will come as a healing balm for
all...

The New Ja'dahgweh is bigger than me or a band - it is an awakening of individuals - it's a Vision!
We have all of the knowledge we need to heal ourselves and solve the problems on this planet it is just scattered and having to conted with
alot of interferace right now... because they continue to feed and live off all of the ignorance at this point. It is time for man to take charge
of his destiny and stop delagating it to few. In my estimation our biggest problem right now is the superstition of authority, but there are many problems, but the SOA is at the root of alot of it.

This here is a book worth looking into...
https://www.mensenrechten.org/wp-conten ... -20111.pdf

anyway - i got my next song ready to uplaod...

Take care and till next time...
psyocean
Established Member

Post by psyocean »

Nice music! Clarity alive play, quite interesting guitar melody in some places, good voice! :)

Guitar and synth tales... https://www.youtube.com/user/Psyocean/
Noahsark
Established Member

Post by Noahsark »

Thank you Psyocean, I appreciate the feedback!
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Noahsark wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:21 pm My name is Aj Bruno I am writing, recording and producing music
under the project title of Noah's Ark and The New Ja'dahgweh
Some very good intent in there. "Civilization -- Uncivilized" is quite nice. "Get On Out" is a honest straightforward song rendered with good feelings. You wouldn't need that much more to offer a 'product' so to say, as almost everything is already there at the essence of things. Some other sounds here and there, a much better mix, and there you go. Keep it organic, not too much makeup, everything is already there !

"It is Now!" also another heartfelt song. From there many avenues can be explored. For instance, instead of the guitar this piece could have simple piano chords at the beginning, or at the end. It would add some solemnity. Yes, mixing and mastering are creative steps on their own. I try as much as possible to 'change hats' when mixing, as if somebody else did the tracks and asking myself "what to do with that ?" as if I never heard them before. And putting the sketches on a CD or USB key and listening to them in the kitchen, in the car, out of the context of he computer, to see how the sounds are "blending with life".

"They Live" again is a good one. I'd hear some arp'ed synths in there to represent the detrimental tech aspects, blending with the guitar. I've seen the movie recently for the first time. A lot can be said about this and this state of things. One thing I noticed though is that, the 'system' does not seem to like it at all when people criticising it are happy and expressing peace and joy that are not generated from the 'system' artifacts themselves. On the other hand if one is entangled in all the bad things going around and stressed by it, lead to despair by it, angry at it, then the 'system' finds it fine. It's much more difficult to keep peace within and out despite all that's going on, and that shows strength. Being despaired, angry and otherwise deeply perturbed is a sign of weakness which the 'system' likes. My two cents.

And then, "The Way Home" is excellent. Séllasié is right, but then it's also possible to give the illusion of accepting dissent and critics. It's actually a needed outlet to control to assure that the population will withstand control for a longer time. It is an optimized approach and an economical one, to have people ask for repression (asking for more security in face of chaos) than squarely apply dictatorship which has a lot of expenses and more problems, and lasts not that long when compared to a majority of people asking for it in the first place.

Cheers.
merlyn
Established Member

Post by merlyn »

The first thing that struck me is that it sounds like you're singing and playing loud. I was impressed that you kept that level of vocals through the whole track. It's a minor point but sometimes I thought you were strumming the guitar too hard. At points the percussive attack is dominating and you don't get the notes so much.

Unless you're Spinal Tap if you start at ten there's nowhere to go. A minor point but I would think about taking the dynamics up and down. So if you want the chorus at ten, you could start at seven, and maybe back off on the guitar a bit while you're singing, taking the dynamics up for emphasis. Just a thought.
Noahsark
Established Member

Post by Noahsark »

Thank you Jonetsu, I agree about the sound, as I continue to learn audio in linux it will develope into it's own thing.

I understand when it comes to mixing, that getting a third point of perspective is important...

The movie They Live is a real close symbolic representation as to what is going on in the real world, John Carpenter came across some inside info or could be a story teller in the service of the hidden hand - it is hard to tell sometimes... and sometimes things are real esay to see if looked at with the a proper lens of knowledge.

In the end evil men are not real creative...
they can be cunningly deceptive -- but to be deceptive in
the first place comes from a place of ignorance and fear.
nt after realizing a few things... that this sufferring in the world is a call to healing, to inquire into the reason behind the state of current affairs... and to seek the truth we really already have the answers - people just need to be brought up to speed so to speak... on a few political - economical and agriculture issues the general publics mind is unconscious of. One thing to know is that world government is not the answer because that is clear where they are heading with things - they engineer chaos, both imaginary and real. It is all built on lies...

what I found was that all the suffering can be traced back to the operation to build a new world order, now this is a global thing - so behind the scences all them are working together through hidden channels and hidden handlers. The roots of this tree is rotting in our time, it is going to trigger another pole shift like the Hopi's reporting happening three times already before. I suspect that the global warming - climate chance thing is a cover story for them messing with the weather since 1947. I suspect that the ozone layer is depleting and that more radiation from the sun is making its way into our atmosphere - it really is the opposite of a green house effect - it is more like the atmophere is leaking and thinning. Geoengineering is our biggest threat at this point in time besides the hidden empire and all of its other operations.

That quote at the end of the They Live slideshow comes right out of David Rockefellers own auto-biography called memoirs.

So yeah, getting bogged down in emotions can be a hard thing,that is why i think theyt got guys out ther like alex jones to mislead people with the truth, get eneryone fearful and angry at these inbicils and their power game -- controlled opposition is a real dirty tactic...

So I see what you mean about the illusions of something - I say that mystery babylon is a "master" at that... there is the real and then they have the false version to sell all the time. The false peace of the beast is that fake peace of a borg style or type of humanity - our evolution, as I see it on this earth, is tied up in the keys of music - I think that music is the way home to ourselves to heal ourselves of the trauma that these fools have laid on us down the ages.

"It is an optimized approach and an economical one, to have people ask for repression (asking for more security in face of chaos) than squarely apply dictatorship which has a lot of expenses and more problems, and lasts not that long when compared to a majority of people asking for it in the first place."

Exactly --- that is what they are training people into - they are using the technologies to corral the people with - the cell phone and Electromagnetic spectrum - the military weaponized it... From the geoengineering to the mind control capabilities of these new weapons systems and there has really been no public discussion on these things -- their building a technocracy.

Something worth reading and following the sources from:
https://www.globalresearch.ca/electroma ... -2/5458103

Thanks for writing, I appreciate it!

Merlyn,

Thanks for your comments.

I do play loud; it is my old metal-punk roots, I got into playing guitar at the age of 13 right after Metalica released the ...And Justice for All album after that those guys sold out in my opinion starting with the black album everything before that was good...
I spent alot of time listening to Bob Dylans early work - That has had an influence on me as well... amoungst other musicians Pat Metheny being my favorite because has taken the guitar to a melodic place when many players can sound caught in the mechanics of the instrument - Metheny really transcends that on the guitar to where he can sound like the way a horn player would play...

anyway, I kind of see the acoustic guitar as a percussive instrument to some degree because of the strumming patterns that can take place sort of like how a jazz drummer will ride on a cymbal or a set of hi-hats, but with more spunk some of this also came to me because I have listened to alot of Reggae music - for the longest time some time ago all I listened to was Jazz and Reggae, lately I pretty much just listen to Jazz most of the time - there is just so much good music going on right now - there really are some good players out there - Jacob Collier is a testament of the power of music to refine the mind and character of a human being.

Because of the topic of my songs the driving, loud rhythm is a part of it but maybe I can try and listen to them with dynamics in mind and see what comes up for me.

Thanks again and till next time...
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

@Noahsark: A lot was said and a lot can still be said about all those things. Stepping back, one important aspect I find is that one must keep an open mind. The contrary to this is to immediately categorize those things as "conspirationists' theories" which is in fact blocking thinking and not an overall healthy approach, regarding anything for that matter.

The epitome of dumbness has to be represented by that Alex Jones guy. That's a 'system-friendly' attitude, one that's over-the-top stressed, despaired, overwhelmed by rage. Thus easier to manipulate, be it by a door-to-door salesman, government officials or/and medias.

About music and dynamics, one would not ask a heavy metal guitar player to 'tone down' because it'll be easier to mix. Overly distorted guitars are a trade mark of heavy metal. Likewise, I believe that any creative intent should not be 'toned down' to satisfy mixing concerns. It's rather at the mixing stage that this is dealt with. When creativity and emotions were honestly expressed and are standing on their own, then the next stage is at the mixing console. When creativity calls for softness then softness is expressed. But if there's anger at a state of things and the mixing engineer asks for singing it softer so that there's more headroom, eg. for a technical reason, I think something is wrong.

Thanks for mentioning Jacob Collier. I listened to a song part of 'NPR Desk' and ended up listening to the set. Very nice. Although too much sugar .... :)

Cheers.
Noahsark
Established Member

Post by Noahsark »

Jonetsu,

Yes I agree, I also feel that an inquiring mind is important. I can understand people being suspect because truth is surely stranger than fiction, but when the claims are being made in regards to conspiracy it is unwise to not inquire into the matter. Particularly something like 911 among other events...

Jacob Collier is a lot of sugar for sure, but there is a lot musical substance underneath of it.
He done some really good covers and his original stuff is inventive.
Check out his youtube channel when you get a chance..

He has a really mature, sincere character as well - if you ever get a chance to watch one of his interviews you will see what I mean.
Music uplifts the mind to another level when you really open yourself up to it.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Hello Aj,

I'll certainly hear more music from Collier.

For me what links 'spirituality' to music is the endeavor of Christian Vander and Magma, now in their 50th year. Far from Vevo and such, Magma nevertheless went on and are still playing today in many parts of the world. Recently they played for the first time in China. The singing is done in an imaginary language. When asked about it, Vander replies "no-one knows what a saxophone is saying, why would one absolutely need to know what is being sung ?" Magma produces a new piece maybe every 5 years. Otherwise they always play the same pieces, in various configurations. A main 'concept' is about a 'deep scream' in face of the void, where all matters of the world have vanished, where every note of a composition should have a weight.

Here's a short 10-minute interview with Vander where he starts with John Coltrane and moves on. Some of the pieces are mentioned, etc. Rare are the interviews with English subtitles, so there's not a lot of choice. That interview was done as part of a month long daily playings at a venue a few years ago.

Two short pieces to put the music first, then the interview.

As part of the concerts from which the interview was made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy1L56YT6p8

On TV, this one has a short presentation to begin with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BywH7rjawM

The interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb2owuHscRE
Noahsark
Established Member

Post by Noahsark »

Jonetsu,

Thanks for the links. I watched all three...

Magma is good at what they are doing - it really isn't my kind of thing.

In general music is a spiritual thing to me because it is at the foundation of Creation.
Everything is a manifestation of vibration -- Everything is MUSIC!!!

Us, all the animals, trees - the metal that goes into making a car - it is all music (protons, electrons and neutrons vibrating).

What we call Music - what we can hear, is just a small bandwidth within the range of our aural perception
that can hear those particular frequencies - but all of life is Music - The Song of Creation!!!
FelixGematria

Post by FelixGematria »

HI NOAH thank you so much for your gardening video i've found you using gematria i've read the whole bible while in prison and realised old wisdom and that i needed to learn more i've did a garden with my girlfriend your video is awesome we gave plants and life to people cause god told me to do so.

I want to know how to survive the reset im on my journey to be in peace with god im so sad and scared about all this society, i dont want to be forced vaxx or being kidnapped i just want to reconnect with god.

Please my friend help me :) I can even pray for you or send you bio seeds i want to help my fellow friends and community help me please
Noahsark
Established Member

Post by Noahsark »

Felix,

thanks for contacting me.

Sorry for the delay on replying, but I just got the notification of your post this mourning.
The video that you are mentioning is not my video, it is a documentary made by someone else
about wood chip gardening.

It is a bad situation that these "elites" have the people in and also it is the people's ignorance about this new world order that feeds it and gives it "life."

Anyway, the moderators here don't like when things get off topic so it is best to private message me.

I will continue in a private message...