Quarantine

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

Quarantine

Post by jonetsu »

A slow perhaps moody electronic piece.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/quarantine
jam291-s.jpg
jam291-s.jpg (10.86 KiB) Viewed 687 times
psyocean
Established Member

Re: Quarantine

Post by psyocean »

The global manipulations of social System... As if the mask protects against viruses?.. :D They use illusions, lie and fear that trapping us in herds, and viruses and fight against it - good instruments for power over sheeps.

Interesting musical composition.

Guitar and synth tales... https://www.youtube.com/user/Psyocean/
ufug
Established Member

Post by ufug »

I really like this one. It has an interesting push-pull feeling in the tempo, like a train slowing down into a station but it just keeps going on through.

I kind of want to drench it in reverb so it sounds like it's going over the horizon.
psyocean wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:56 am The global manipulations of social System... As if the mask protects against viruses?.. :D They use illusions, lie and fear that trapping us in herds, and viruses and fight against it - good instruments for power over sheeps.
Apt!
listenable at c6a7.org
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

I like it. It has a slow jiving groove in the rhythm section, almost like a 70's funk piece, and the layers on top are sonically well-matched and add a lot of interest.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Thanks ! Sometimes (always ?) it doesn't take that much to express. Somewhere in my mind, as an extreme representation of this, I think it's possible to have just one note going on for a few minutes while maintaining a certain amount of interest. Not easy, if possible at all, it'd have to do with the 'now and then' and how to possibly, in a clear and clean way, express it so that it can give part of the initial feeling even after recording adding tracks, mixing and all that. Just maybe.

Cheers.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

I like this one. The bass panning is pretty interesting. Did you use several bass sounds on this track?
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

I like this one. The bass panning is pretty interesting. Did you use several bass sounds on this track?
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

lilith wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:44 pm I like this one. The bass panning is pretty interesting. Did you use several bass sounds on this track?
The main bass is made of two FilterscapeVA instances, one has the thump-thump, the other the notes in-between. In the last part the additional very low sounds (or what sounds like very low) was made using Bazille. The leads are, in the first part, created on Waverazor and on the second part, with Biotek. The main rhythmic sequence heard thorough was created by sampling a MFM delay and fiddling with the sample. This is actually an all-Linux track.

Cheers.