This is a Scramble

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

TAERSH
Established Member

This is a Scramble

Post by TAERSH »

Created 19. & 20. February using Qtractor and plugins only.

This is a Scramble: https://soundcloud.com/user-633698367/t ... a-scramble

No standalone synthesizers, all tracks exported into stereo mix in 1:02. Mainly created for tests on Qtractor's ability to export all tracks into stereo mix. 8)

Extra purpose was to try to make good mix on the vocals and to gain some more useful tips from members of linuxmusicians.com on this issue. :D

Based on and inspired by Hangar 18: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6KW8nYhxOA :idea:
Basslint
Established Member

Re: This is a Scramble

Post by Basslint »

I really loved it! Sounds a bit like early Human League. What plugins did you use?
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

I hadn't heard much of your work up to a few days ago, but I'm really impressed by your sounds! This was a great track too, and now I'm binging the others :lol: (SapereAude is amazing!)
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

Basslint wrote:I really loved it! Sounds a bit like early Human League. What plugins did you use?
Here's my current setup: https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.ph ... 27#p114519
In that specific song I used ZynAddSubFx, Yoshimi, Dexed, Zebralette.
Rainmak3r wrote:I hadn't heard much of your work up to a few days ago, but I'm really impressed by your sounds! This was a great track too, and now I'm binging the others :lol: (SapereAude is amazing!)
Yes, Sapere Aude is a great piece of music.
Have fun!
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

It's well-produced considering the short amount of time given to it and the 'packaged' output. The song is a standard one, one might say, as it reminds many other songs in the same genre/style. The vocals are all right. I'd say not a strong piece by itself, but a pretty good one regarding production eg. balance, tones, progression, integration, mixing. Not perfect, but a pretty good start if one wishes to go forward with t. Personally I'd add some 'weirdness' to it, some sonic landscapes to explore and then come back to the main vocals as conclusion.

Cheers.