Sunday Jam

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

Sunday Jam

Post by jonetsu »

Mostly a relaxed improvisation, with just a tad of mystery.

Rather quickly improvised, arranged somewhat, and mixed.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/sundayjam

jam720-s.jpg
jam720-s.jpg (54.12 KiB) Viewed 545 times
GMaq
Established Member

Re: Sunday Jam

Post by GMaq »

Nice!

Are the "electric" sounding leads your acoustic guitar or an electric guitar? Strong groove that evolves nicely, love the lead guitar tone and the acoustic chords that pop out here and there.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Thanks. This is an acoustic guitar, the Shiraki. The processing is made using a free Voxengo plugin: Boogex. It's a cabinet simulator with a reverb unit, bass/treble/high controls and an EQ. The lead was fun, although all of this was quickly thrown together, nice when its fresh, now I find all kinds of things to 'fix' in there, including replacing the lead. The theme is all right though. If this has any forthcoming the theme could be played by another instrument, and the lead improv seriously revisited.
psyocean
Established Member

Post by psyocean »

Nice theme! Pleasant sounds!
In last summer-autumn season I love tourism-walking :) At this place (on photo) I sleep septembers night in hammock :D

Guitar and synth tales... https://www.youtube.com/user/Psyocean/
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

jonetsu wrote:Thanks. This is an acoustic guitar, the Shiraki. The processing is made using a free Voxengo plugin: Boogex. It's a cabinet simulator with a reverb unit, bass/treble/high controls and an EQ. The lead was fun, although all of this was quickly thrown together, nice when its fresh, now I find all kinds of things to 'fix' in there, including replacing the lead. The theme is all right though. If this has any forthcoming the theme could be played by another instrument, and the lead improv seriously revisited.
Yes I remember the Shiraki but couldn't remember it's name, a beautiful guitar!

As far as leads I guess the decision is whether it's a true improv or not, I'm never happy with my solos and there are always improvements after the fact that could be made, the risk is the loss of spontaneity and the 'fire' of being in the moment. Another one of these areas where our own objectivity of our work comes into question...lol
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

GMaq wrote:As far as leads I guess the decision is whether it's a true improv or not, I'm never happy with my solos and there are always improvements after the fact that could be made, the risk is the loss of spontaneity and the 'fire' of being in the moment. Another one of these areas where our own objectivity of our work comes into question...lol
And if you listen to it enough times, even the playing errors sound like they're supposed to be there! That's my usual approach to the problem. :)

Jonetsu, I like the sound of this one. Very nice guitar tones, and good integration with the synths. Like the sounds are "melted" together. The little break at about 2:25 is just perfect, and the re-entry at 2:40 is very satisfying.

I always rave about your sound. Maybe I should try Mixbus 32c, but I think it's a lot more than just that. :)
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

milo wrote: I always rave about your sound. Maybe I should try Mixbus 32c, but I think it's a lot more than just that. :)
Thanks for the comment !

I find that Mixbus32C adds a subtle sheen over imported tracks. Tracks are sounding more coherent, more belonging together after being imported in Mixbus32C than a few moments ago as they were created and played in Bitwig. That is, w/o any 'knob fiddling' yet done in Mixbus32C. Some might disagree with this, so I lean towards subjectivity although this is what I hear and feel. Might also depend on the genre, I don't know.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

psyocean wrote:Nice theme! Pleasant sounds! In last summer-autumn season I love tourism-walking :) At this place (on photo) I sleep septembers night in hammock :D
Thanks.

The picture looks a lot like what one can find here. Quite a few times I went backcountry camping with my canoe for a few days up to a week on the lakes. Very much like in your picture. I do not have a tent and rather sleep in a hammock. I have pictures but I'd have to sift and go through many to find one, so instead here's a stock picture of such an hammock. I have just about exactly the same. I've used this one up to October, no problem at all.
hammock.jpg
hammock.jpg (109.38 KiB) Viewed 526 times