Kurtosis - Electro House Again [Electro House]

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Post Reply
Paree
Established Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:20 pm

Kurtosis - Electro House Again [Electro House]

Post by Paree »

This is our first track as a duo, please listen and give valuable feedback, thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW9OHtOVnbk
https://kurtosismusic.bandcamp.com/trac ... ouse-again

Made with Tracktion 7 on Linux
Majority of sounds come from Synth1(Bridged) and Zebralette (Native)
Visuals are from a cool open source project called musicvid.org

User avatar
milo
Established Member
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:55 am
Location: Southern Utah, USA
Contact:

Re: Kurtosis - Electro House Again [Electro House]

Post by milo »

A very danceable rhythm, makes you want to nod your head from side to side while listening. Full of interesting electro sounds. I like the voice with the portamento slide up and down. Nicely done!

Paree
Established Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:20 pm

Re: Kurtosis - Electro House Again [Electro House]

Post by Paree »

milo wrote:A very danceable rhythm, makes you want to nod your head from side to side while listening. Full of interesting electro sounds. I like the voice with the portamento slide up and down. Nicely done!
Thank you for your feedback and time :)

User avatar
lilith
Established Member
Posts: 1120
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 11:41 pm
Location: bLACK fOREST
Contact:

Re: Kurtosis - Electro House Again [Electro House]

Post by lilith »

Not exactly my taste, but the mix sounds pretty solid! Did you produce music before with Windows / MacOS?
https://soundcloud.com/lilith_93
latest: https://soundcloud.com/lilith_93/deeper-and-deeper
_____________________________
Debian 10 - BUSTER (XFCE) & KXStudio repos

User avatar
modusjonens
Established Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:48 pm

Re: Kurtosis - Electro House Again [Electro House]

Post by modusjonens »

There has been some really great electronic music here lately, and this fits right in! Production sounds great in my headphones -- nice and big!

Overall I like it! It's a solid enough hook that there's plenty you can do with it! You could likely extend this track reasonably by playing the main theme in a few different instruments (maybe a softer one toward the end to fade out).

I found myself wondering what the section from 2:02-2:33 would sound like with some additional "decorative" sounds around the main theme.

Thanks for sharing!

Oh, and also thanks for the tip about musicvid.org. I used it to make a visualization for one of my tracks after reading about it here and found it pretty cool!

Paree
Established Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:20 pm

Re: Kurtosis - Electro House Again [Electro House]

Post by Paree »

lilith wrote:Not exactly my taste, but the mix sounds pretty solid! Did you produce music before with Windows / MacOS?
Thanks. Yes, i used to make music using windows but i have been using linux since ubuntu 11.04. I used to use windows only for production and pretty much all my python and coding stuff was done in linux. I got annoyed by Windows updates and decided to ditch it after i found it too distractive.

Also, if DnB or Dubstep is your taste, we also produce them (Infact, DnB is my favourite genre).

https://youtu.be/RflFJE88yhE

Check this out if you are interested
Last edited by Paree on Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paree
Established Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:20 pm

Re: Kurtosis - Electro House Again [Electro House]

Post by Paree »

modusjonens wrote:There has been some really great electronic music here lately, and this fits right in! Production sounds great in my headphones -- nice and big!

Overall I like it! It's a solid enough hook that there's plenty you can do with it! You could likely extend this track reasonably by playing the main theme in a few different instruments (maybe a softer one toward the end to fade out).

I found myself wondering what the section from 2:02-2:33 would sound like with some additional "decorative" sounds around the main theme.

Thanks for sharing!

Oh, and also thanks for the tip about musicvid.org. I used it to make a visualization for one of my tracks after reading about it here and found it pretty cool!
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I tried a couple of additions for the second drop but it didn't fit in at that time. The musicvid.org can be hosted locally in your computer so it is really convenient for me, also there are a lot of tweaking options in the program.

Post Reply