Page 1 of 1

construct/destruct

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:56 pm
by caryoscelus
New album, this time consisting of only two tracks (and even those use same material and intended for continuous playthrough). Unlike some other music i'm making, this album was made with intention to listen to it. More specifically, i wanted a long monotonous track to listen to while moving around (preferably on a vehicle). While it may not be quite a replacement for the kind of music that inspired me, i think it still worked out well

As usual, it's published on ZeroNet, but you can also use proxy
cover.jpg

Re: construct/destruct

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:54 pm
by milo
Just found this old post, and wanted to drop a kind word.

I find the recording rather listenable. It is, as you describe, droning and repetitive, entrancing. The changes happen frequently enough to keep the active listener engaged. The sounds are interesting and the rhythms have just enough momentum to keep going. I think it is artfully done.

My favorite parts starts at about 9:20 in the second track. Cool sounds in there. Like a robot march or something.

I'm intrigued by your cover art. The simple graph paper design on the bottom left morphs into something that looks quite like a 4-week old fetus on the right. Not sure if this was intentional, but I find it visually fascinating.

Re: construct/destruct

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:52 pm
by caryoscelus
milo wrote:Just found this old post, and wanted to drop a kind word.

I find the recording rather listenable. It is, as you describe, droning and repetitive, entrancing. The changes happen frequently enough to keep the active listener engaged. The sounds are interesting and the rhythms have just enough momentum to keep going. I think it is artfully done.

My favorite parts starts at about 9:20 in the second track. Cool sounds in there. Like a robot march or something.

I'm intrigued by your cover art. The simple graph paper design on the bottom left morphs into something that looks quite like a 4-week old fetus on the right. Not sure if this was intentional, but I find it visually fascinating.
Thanks for comments!

I'm not sure i should've disclosed that, but the "fetus" thing is just a couple of heavily processed geometric figures ;) Though i've probably noticed similarity too..

Re: construct/destruct

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:56 pm
by folderol
Can't get anywhere with this - just get weird failure messages.

Re: construct/destruct

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:15 pm
by caryoscelus
folderol wrote:Can't get anywhere with this - just get weird failure messages.
Someone complained before and static version helped. I'm afraid that's the best i can do atm

Re: construct/destruct

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:24 am
by folderol
caryoscelus wrote:
folderol wrote:Can't get anywhere with this - just get weird failure messages.
Someone complained before and [static version](https://zn.amorgan.xyz/1FiHm91tcDdjkiGk ... tatic.html) helped. I'm afraid that's the best i can do atm
All I get there is this:
Connection with UiServer Websocket was lost. Reconnecting...

Re: construct/destruct

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:50 am
by caryoscelus
folderol wrote: All I get there is this:
Connection with UiServer Websocket was lost. Reconnecting...
Well, i'm getting those too, but only after the page is loaded (so it doesn't affect anything). Here's another proxy, maybe it'll work better for you