Rapsberry pi3 electronic compositions

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

gennargiu
Established Member

Rapsberry pi3 electronic compositions

Post by gennargiu »

https://youtu.be/3yGafxSxEQw

Ambient Nocturne
Gennaro Giugliano uses : Raspberry Pi3,Raspbian Stretch System,Audacity ( audio recording) Korg Volca Sample,Microkorg Mk1 Synth,Behringer Podcast Studio (audio recording),openshot ( editing video),U-Pulse Lite ( video recording) :D

https://youtu.be/KG5yUwkFlao

Ambient House
Gennaro Giugliano uses Raspberry pi3,Raspbian Stretch System,Sunvox synths + effects,Audacity (editing audio) Behringer Podcast studio (audio recording) Akm 322 midiplus midi key,U-Pulse Lite (video recording) open shot (editing video) :D
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
loxstep
Established Member

Re: Rapsberry pi3 electronic compositions

Post by loxstep »

My dream is to setup a lightweight studio for raspberry pi and linux.
How many tracks were you recording simultaneously? Did you have any latency issues?
protozone
Established Member

Post by protozone »

Wow, I really like the harmonies of the "Ambient House".
And I am impressed that you are using Raspberry Pi too.
This type of thing cheers me up a lot.

There is life in that music. Thanks :mrgreen:
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

loxstep wrote:My dream is to setup a lightweight studio for raspberry pi and linux.
How many tracks were you recording simultaneously? Did you have any latency issues?
Hi loxstep :wink: hello, latency problems I have not detected, considering that the buffer for the behringer uca 200 is set to 1024. For the tracks in this case I first programmed the sequence by copying it for the duration of the song and at the same time I recorded the synth track always in the sunvox. Also I would like to get a certain lightness for RPI3 both as a digital recorder and as a set of electronic musical instruments.

gennaro
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

protozone wrote:Wow, I really like the harmonies of the "Ambient House".
And I am impressed that you are using Raspberry Pi too.
This type of thing cheers me up a lot.

There is life in that music. Thanks :mrgreen:
Hi protozone :mrgreen: many thanks for your listen and comment, yeah raspberry it's a fantastic litte micro computer for my experimental music productions and combination of instruments electronic and new setup ethnic/acoustic..... Great Raspberry pi :D

gennaro
loxstep
Established Member

Post by loxstep »

gennargiu wrote:
loxstep wrote:My dream is to setup a lightweight studio for raspberry pi and linux.
Hi loxstep :wink: hello, latency problems I have not detected, considering that the buffer for the behringer uca 200 is set to 1024. For the tracks in this case I first programmed the sequence by copying it for the duration of the song and at the same time I recorded the synth track always in the sunvox. Also I would like to get a certain lightness for RPI3 both as a digital recorder and as a set of electronic musical instruments.

gennaro
Very encouraging. Sunvox looks very promising, and the fact that you can run it on the pi is impressive.
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

loxstep wrote:
gennargiu wrote:

gennaro
Very encouraging. Sunvox looks very promising, and the fact that you can run it on the pi is impressive.
hello in this period I'm doing little tests with music programs and virtual synths that run on raspberry pi 3. At the moment I tested lmms, ardor 5.5, audacity, cecilia, giada, paulstretch, sonic pi 3, sunvox 1.9.3, tracktion waveform 9, qtractor 0.80, yoshimi, zyn addsub fx, dx10. At the moment those that seem to me to have no problems are sunvox, sonic pi3, cecilia, paulstretch, lmms. The rest must be optimized but not at the same level as the ones I mentioned. :wink:

gennaro