Rated Blue - Heavy Dub Reggae recorded live with Ardour

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

Re: Rated Blue - Heavy Dub Reggae recorded live with Ardour

Post by jonetsu »

GMaq wrote:
jonetsu wrote: "Revolution Blues" ?
GMaq wrote:Hey that's a really good one!
Come to think of it, the lyrics are not very politically correct for these days and times.
GMaq wrote:Had to laugh, went to see Neil and Crazy Horse a few years ago at Bud Gardens in London and they didn't disappoint with the deliciously loud wandering and ragged improvs, met some friends after the show who were traumatized because they were expecting "Heart of Gold", "Harvest Moon' Neil... Hilarious that people could love Neil Young and not be aware of the multiple band personas
GMaq wrote:On longer gigs for fun we occasionally play 'Harvest Moon' and follow it up with 'Down By the River' mostly just because the notion that the same guy wrote both songs is kinda funny to me.
Cool. Is there a youtube recording of this ?

That's what I like much with Neil Young: unbridled creativity. His album of only electric guitar with Daniel Lanois is incredible.

There might be people here who actually have this limited vision of Neil Young. So here's one for anyone who'd like to discover a bit more. A fitting one perhaps, on topic with Linux and everything software, "Computer Age", live in Berlin (1982) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRoLflcoxRA
singforme
Established Member

Re: Rated Blue - Heavy Dub Reggae recorded live with Ardour

Post by singforme »

Very impressive stuff, love the sound and the way the home studio is winning the race for 21st century music. The Bass panning is a bit confusing to my ears, but makes sense and gives the base it's own space.