HE - Traditional Values

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Ghaydn
Established Member

HE - Traditional Values

Post by Ghaydn »

Listen on SoundCloud
The album was released on Orthodox Christmas - January 7, 2017
It was recorded entirely on Linux (Ubuntu Mate).
Tags: experimental, folklore, conceptual
cover text wrote:In these latter days diferent people in Russia speak a lot about traditional values. And I feel very sad to hear it from those who know nothing about tradition and not appretiate what was left of it. Folk art was always the biggest value of every nation, but exactly this is what most people tend to forget and sometimes openly ridicule.
This album was planned as a journey into tradition. Thought the songs in it are decorated with modern art means, however, they are entirely folk: they are not "fixed" no note; on the contrary, I have tried to as much as possible clearly identy all the features that make this music so amazingly different from present. In addition, all the songs are built into a single composition, related with the overall story and the special meaning that even I, it seems, is not completely understood. And I hope that at least something will change in the world thanks to this album, and someday under the traditional values people will understand exactly what is only important - national creativity.

1. Prologue - Mountains (compilation)
2. We may know (Maryinsky district of Smolensk region)
3. On the Sunset (Maryinsky district of Smolensk region)
4. Near the field (Village Foschevatovo Volokonovsky Belgorod region)
5. Karagod (Fantasia on a Theme from the village Afanasevka Alekseevskogo Belgorod region)
6. Son of a noble (Village Ust-Tsilma, Komi Republic)
7. Lady Macbeth (Village Afanasevka Alekseevskogo Belgorod region)
8. American lullaby (Omsk region)
9. Epilogue - Valley (compilation, Krasnogvardeyskiy district Belgorod region)

The record was attended by: Ilya Neboslov (guitar [3], bass-guitar [4]), Ekaterina Ivanova and Anastasia Mescheryakova (vocals [4, 6]).

Spetial thanks:
folk singers for the songs they have kept
folk collectors for the songs they have recorded
developers or FLOSS used in the process of creating the album
Nina Kibrik and whole Art'Area club for the opportunity to rehearse and record there
Ilya Neboslov for possible assistance and provided equipment for recording
Creative team "Tonus" for the feasible participation and support
My wife and daigher for the moral support and assistance
Mom for her patience when I suddenly came to her to record
Rusya Larochkin for the invitation to perform in St. Petersburg, gave a powerful impetus to the completion of the album.
— Доктор, меня не понимают...
— In English, please.