Freetidbit and 1 year of Soundcloud

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

Freetidbit and 1 year of Soundcloud

Post by jonetsu »

Hello.

I started the Soundcloud page a year ago. I thought I should share the music I make. This was an opportunity for me to learn about mixing music, about putting a bit more 'seriousness' in the process, more technical aspects, paying attention to more details, in short, polishing up a bit and structuring pieces. At that time I bought a book on mixing, started to read articles.

A year later while I'm still learning I can see that there was a bit of a road that was made and I can see that if I go one, it will become easier to bridge emotions to sounds.

A year later there are 33 pieces that I uploaded. There were 4453 plays, 85 likes, 134 downloads and 27 followers. While these numbers are certainly extermely average if not sub par, I find it very nice in their own way.

So I'd like to thank everyone !!

During this week I will try to upload 5 pieces, some kind of a marathon of composing, arranging and mixing. So here's the first one...

Freetidbit' is using only synthesizers available for free and more specifically, u-he synthsizers that are available for free. The Triplecheese synth for instance provides bass, Podolski provides a melody, TyrellN6 some chords, Zebralette and Beatzille provides sounds and additional support. All these synths are available for free and runs natively in Linux. The drums OTOH are not free.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/freetidbit

As always comments are welcomed.

Cheers.
psyocean
Established Member

Re: Freetidbit and 1 year of Soundcloud

Post by psyocean »

Congratulations, it's good when the music finds own audience! Additionally it inspires and motivates to progress. Your style with original features in sound and in melody. A deep dive into the abyss synthesis :) There are a number of fairly good resource for publishing albums of music, for example - http://www.jamendo.com
One year is not much, but not enough, the main thing that the project survived, moral benefited for you and for listens, so there is potential for development.
I wish you success!
Guitar and synth tales... https://www.youtube.com/user/Psyocean/
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

psyocean wrote:One year is not much, but not enough, the main thing that the project survived, moral benefited for you and for listens, so there is potential for development. I wish you success!
Thanks, and I agree that one year is not so much. I am slowly looking to 'get out there' although the material is not ready yet. My best wishes to your music also.

I have updated the reply in "Paranormal Phenomena Lab" with a note and othe rlinks, if you are interested.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

beck wrote:Thanks and keep going on, from one liker/follower. :mrgreen:
Thanks !
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

Well, found time for a listen. Interesting, but didn't really appeal to me. Just a matter of person preference.
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
tnovelli
Established Member

Post by tnovelli »

The bass sounds particularly nice.

It's not a kind of music I normally listen to on its own, but maybe in a video game or other soundtrack.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Congrats!

Free music consumers are a curious thing, you can labor on something for months, release it and receive a relative lack of interest and later idly toss out some trifle and be amazed at the attention and plays it gets, I find it all kind of baffling especially in our 15 second 'newsfeed' driven world of sharing these days...

I think you've produced some great stuff, shown considerable growth in your arrangements and techniques and are growing an audience in the Linux Audio community who now know who 'jonetsu' is not only here but other places as well.

Take a deep breath and enjoy your accomplishments! I'll look forward to seeing (and hearing you around in 2017!)
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Thanks ! Much appreciated !

Yes, the way it works regarding appreciation of tracks is very strange indeed ! :?

Cheers !