"No Sister"

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

xaccrocheur
Established Member

"No Sister"

Post by xaccrocheur »

Hi everyone 8)

My new song "No Sister" is out, it's a playful tale of a dying reality.

Basically same production details as the other songs on the album.
NB: First time I use Blender VSE for video editing, and I'm pretty sure I'll never use anything else again. Seriously, if you edit videos in something else, you're just hurting yourself.

Enjoy, it's free. And please² share it.
Last edited by xaccrocheur on Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
yPhil | Music & Code | Mastodon
magicalex
Established Member

Re: New song: "No Sister"

Post by magicalex »

Sounds good; interesting video, too!

Just out of curiosity, what does Blender have over Kdenlive? I've tried both and found the latter much easier to work with.
xaccrocheur
Established Member

Re: New song: "No Sister"

Post by xaccrocheur »

magicalex wrote:Sounds good; interesting video, too!

Just out of curiosity, what does Blender have over Kdenlive? I've tried both and found the latter much easier to work with.
Well, it's faster. In every way : The engine is more reactive (I used KDEnlive before - and PiTiVi) I liked it but wow) so you can work faster by quick-rendering parts, the workflow (KB shortcuts, no floating windows, etc.) are both time, industry and community-tested, this is a regular image factory (3D modeling & rendering, game engine - I made a racing game with it, and now Video Editing) that blows out of the water every similar software that I used.

It's just a bit hard the first 5 minutes, like Emacs, because it does things its way. But once you have the basics, you're on fire ; Right-click and drag your clips, maybe watch a couple youtube tuts, you'll be fine ;)
Last edited by xaccrocheur on Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
aicram
Established Member

Re: "No Sister"

Post by aicram »

Hello xaccrocheur,

Impressed with your video and music. Very creative and amazing.

Have you thought of doing a how-to video on using Blender VSE for video editing?
Have heard more than a few times that it is a superior video editor, but the learning curve for me was a bit much. I do better with precise, slow,
step by step video instruction. :D

Very good and unique video.

Sincerely and Thanks,

aicram
xaccrocheur
Established Member

Post by xaccrocheur »

aicram wrote:Hello xaccrocheur,

Impressed with your video and music. Very creative and amazing.
Why thank you very much, aicram. I aim to please ;) Please be sure to pass the word ; did you see the rest of the album videos?
aicram wrote: Have you thought of doing a how-to video on using Blender VSE for video editing?
Wow. Now that's a hard one. I already made a (text+images) tutorial about Qtractor, on how I use it to produce the music (and the author of the software praised it! How cool is that?) but a video one would be a first. Yes, I think I'll do it. Stay tuned :)
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

Fascinating vid. Very well done. Music, well not really for me I'm afraid.
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
aicram
Established Member

Post by aicram »

Hello xaccrocheur,

I did not get a chance to watch the other album videos as of yet. I will do so soon.

I downloaded the qtractor tutorial a week or so ago. It is excellent and helped me to finally get something working in qtractor. Thank you. Obviously, you know how to make very good instructional tutorials .

I will stay tuned for an upcoming Blender VSE video tutorial. Thanks. Sure it will be great, too.

Sincerely,

aicram