Ix

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

cowboystitching
Established Member

Ix

Post by cowboystitching »

A little single I recorded with my band called "Placeholder" Ardour 3 I think we used on these, some Calf plugins here and there. Used Guitarix on the bass as a pre. I would have liked to master these myself with Jamin, but I've yet to figure that out, so we went with an external company for that.

https://ixtheband.bandcamp.com/album/placeholder

The live recording was done pretty quickly with some cheap gear, so definitely don't look at that one for fantastic fidelity or recording technique! :D
Last edited by cowboystitching on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
artek
Established Member

Re: Ix

Post by artek »

dude, sorry to say but applause is very professionally recorded (outro), rest is not translating very well on my cheap headphones
juki
Established Member

Post by juki »

The EP Placeholder is quite good i think. The live does have a raw old school sound indeed, but i like it. The feeling i have listening to it remembers me a bit when i used to listen to a lot Sonic Youth's "Kill Yr Idols". Anyway, i like your band.
cowboystitching
Established Member

Post by cowboystitching »

artek wrote:dude, sorry to say but applause is very professionally recorded (outro), rest is not translating very well on my cheap headphones
Oh yeah, I should have updated my original post, since we added an additional recording later. The live set we just recorded with my wife's little Zoom H4 (I think) handheld recorder. We were just a bit loud for it's little condenser mic setup. 8) The only "work" I did to it was trim the tracks a bit and add some compression and limiting in Audacity to bring up her guitar a bit, and the vocals too. (Had a very nasty infection in my throat, so my voice was only about 20% of it's normal range and power, not to mention the PA there isn't exactly the loudest.) Anyway, THAT recording is not exactly something I would want to show off on a board like this. :wink:
juki wrote:The EP Placeholder is quite good i think. The live does have a raw old school sound indeed, but i like it. The feeling i have listening to it remembers me a bit when i used to listen to a lot Sonic Youth's "Kill Yr Idols". Anyway, i like your band.
Thanks!!! Yeah, I love old live recordings a whole lot, there's a couple songs of ours that always come out differently live, so I will probably drag my setup out there sometime to get an actually good sounding version of those.