new work done with LMMS

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

djallalnamri
Established Member

new work done with LMMS

Post by djallalnamri »

Salam hello bonjour everybody
this is my new work done with LMMS
https://soundcloud.com/djallalnamri/kar ... ator-trans
enjoy and comment ...
thanks in advance
Last edited by djallalnamri on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StudioDave
Established Member

Re: new work done with LMMS

Post by StudioDave »

djallalnamri wrote: this is my new work done with LMMS
enjoy and comment ...
Well done, a surprising blend of modes & moods. I like the instrumental textures, again they reflect a variety of influences. What's your background as musician/Linux user ?

FYI, my favorite singers include Om Kholsoom and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan (especially his qawwali).

Best,

dp
djallalnamri
Established Member

Post by djallalnamri »

StudioDave wrote:
djallalnamri wrote: this is my new work done with LMMS
enjoy and comment ...
Well done, a surprising blend of modes & moods. I like the instrumental textures, again they reflect a variety of influences. What's your background as musician/Linux user ?

FYI, my favorite singers include Om Kholsoom and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan (especially his qawwali).

Best,

dp
first i apoligize for late answer ...
i thank you very very much for your nice and encouraging comments
i don't think i have any background as a musician in general ... i haven't learnt music nor learnt to play of any instrument ...
all the tracks i made were composed using LMMS (linuxmultimediastudio) ... soundfonts and VSTI's
about my influences ... i started with hard rock then turned to progressive rock till world music came along ... but if i had to tell about influences's influence
i would rather talk about a sufi representation of the world ... spiritual and global
DoosC
Established Member

Post by DoosC »

Hello Djallalnamri, this is a nice song !
It sounds refreshing. Sometimes electronic and sometimes natural but always very complete with a nice oriental touch.
Talking about that how did you do it ? Does it come from the choice of instruments, particular chords or arrangements ?
Keep up !
| DoosC |
djallalnamri
Established Member

Post by djallalnamri »

DoosC wrote:Hello Djallalnamri, this is a nice song !
It sounds refreshing. Sometimes electronic and sometimes natural but always very complete with a nice oriental touch.
Talking about that how did you do it ? Does it come from the choice of instruments, particular chords or arrangements ?
Keep up !
Hello Doosc ...
thank you very very much for nice and encourgaing feedback ... i really do appreciate
well if i had to send a message ... i would say this : you cannot change someone else song ... but you can do whatever you please with your own one ...so feel free to do it ... be daring ... there's music around the world wherever there are people ... try to make your music sound as worldwide as humanity ... people will understand it when they won't understand your language ...
Retro Banana
Established Member

Post by Retro Banana »

I like the interesting chords. The only thing I would do is add some reverb/delay to take away that slight MIDI sound. I loved the train in the beginning, though.
djallalnamri
Established Member

Post by djallalnamri »

Retro Banana wrote:I like the interesting chords. The only thing I would do is add some reverb/delay to take away that slight MIDI sound. I loved the train in the beginning, though.
hello ... thank you very very much for feedbacks and comments ... i think you are right about reverb since someone else made the same remark ...
i am going to post a link to my last track ... done with lmms of course ...
thanks again