Jump to marker in ardour with foot controler

SuperCollider, Pure Data, ChucK, CSound, Nyquist, Overtone, TidalCycles, Bipscript, oh my

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Scheme

Jump to marker in ardour with foot controler

Post by Scheme »

Hi,
I play guitar (so my hands are occupied) and I would like to use some synth sound (with helm) during my performance using a foot controller (tech21 midi mouse who works perfectly with ardour). I'm on archlinux. So I'm interested in LUA scripting for that. So I worked for the past few days learning the language (not for write but for read and understand the method) and also manage scripting in ardour. There's a built-in script called "search and jump to marker" that seem useful. But, in fact, it's a mess right now for me ! I can't do anything with that script ! I've 2 questions :
- when I start the script a window is open and ask me for a marker prefix. I've tried to insert a time code on a marker but it doesn't match. What kind of info I must write in ?
- How can I connect it to my foot controller ?
Also if you have any idea (like using a short cut, using reaper instead of ardour,...)
With one click on the midi controller I would like to go to a special region, start it and stop it when it reach the end of the region.
Is there anyone here who experiment that kind of stuff ? It's a common trick I think but for now I can't manage it.
It can really improve my music. Please help me !!
Greeting.
Scheme

Re: Jump to marker in ardour with foot controler

Post by Scheme »

when I start the script a window is open and ask me for a marker prefix. I've tried to insert a time code on a marker but it doesn't match. What kind of info I must write in ?
Ok the answer is simple, I just write : mark and the number of the mark.

what about using it with my midi foot controller ?