[Solved] Getting live audio into Giada

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

mr_happy
Established Member

[Solved] Getting live audio into Giada

Post by mr_happy »

EDIT: This has inexplicably solved itself! On boot today, starting Qjackctl then Giada now has 'system' in the input options. Marking as solved although there's no explanation!

Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong, I can't get any live audio into Giada.

This is my setup: Arturia Keystep with midi connection to VolcaFM, audio output from the volca to a U-Phoria UM2.

If I choose Alsa as the sound system in Giada's config, the UM2 shows up in the 'Output device' list but the 'Input device' boxes are disabled.

If I choose 'Jack as the sound system, 'Output device' is set to 'system' with no other options (I think that's probably correct), but the 'Input device' boxes are still disabled.

I've tried creating a new sample track and arming it for record but the input meters are dead. I can record in other DAW/sequencers without a problem and monitoring output is fine.

Any help appreciated!
ss-15-42-56-2021-09-28.png
ss-15-42-56-2021-09-28.png (26.99 KiB) Viewed 6793 times