USB Interface + Guitar

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

MrPopolino

USB Interface + Guitar

Post by MrPopolino »

Hello I am completely new here, I search for a bit but everything I found confused me even more, so there goes nothing.

I have a ur12 audio interface and would like to use it with Reaper. I´m using the windows version with wine because I have a tone of VSTs that I need to work. Reaper works fine so far, also audio playback works but I can´t set up Reaper to detect my audio input (guitar) correctly. I tried all modes, but I thought I should go with shared Wasapi mode?
Even in native programs like audacity I´m not able to input my guitar.

I´m using Manjaro KDE Plasma
Linux Kernel 5.12
Pulse Audio

Any help is highly appreaciated
Toejam76
Established Member

Re: USB Interface + Guitar

Post by Toejam76 »

Do the input channels show up in the preferences and are selected?
Generally speaking there should be a signal if you create a new track, arm it and select the input (left or right depending on your interface).
Same with the native version of Reaper with JACK/ALSA. Shared wasapi mode isn't too bad and preferable to other modes, but native can get much better latency.
For the Windows plugins, Yabridge and/or Carla can run a lot of plugins in the native environment with some exceptions that have nasty copy protections like PACE, ilok etc.
MrPopolino

Re: USB Interface + Guitar

Post by MrPopolino »

I actually figured it out yesterday, in the sound settings I had to select a different mode for the interface.
I now use it as digital stereo audio out and analog mono audio in, it works but shold I be using that mode?