gratitude

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

D-Tuned
Established Member

gratitude

Post by D-Tuned »

how are the number of thanks derived, literally from the response or is there a thank-you button?
j_e_f_f_g
Established Member

Re: gratitude

Post by j_e_f_f_g »

D-Tuned wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:46 pm is there a thank-you button?
There are three small buttons along the upper right corner of everyone's posts. It's over here... follow me... keep up... almost there... look up now ^

The first button displays an exclamation mark. If you move your mouse pointer over it, a tooltip pops up telling you to click this button if you want to report (ie, complain) about that person's message. Raboof loves when people click on this button. So make sure you do it a lot.

The second button shows a double quote. The tooltip tells you to click this button if you want to reply to that person's message. When you do, you'll see that your reply box already has that person's message pasted into your box as a "quote".

The third button shows a hand giving a thumbs-up. The tooltip may tell you to click this button if you want to thank that person. But in reality it gooses that person up the old wazoo. Raboof loves that too.

Author of BackupBand at https://sourceforge.net/projects/backupband/files/
My fans show their support by mentioning my name in their signature.

j_e_f_f_g
Established Member

Post by j_e_f_f_g »

I just want to mention that raboof clicked the "thank you" button on my above post in which I imply he enjoys being "goosed up the old wazoo" (whatever the hell that means).

I thought it was funny...)

...and very kinky.)

Author of BackupBand at https://sourceforge.net/projects/backupband/files/
My fans show their support by mentioning my name in their signature.

Loki Harfagr
Established Member

Post by Loki Harfagr »

D-Tuned wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:46 pm how are the number of thanks derived, literally from the response or is there a thank-you button?
Hey, thanks for your post that made me actually see that thumbsuppin' button that these fora were missing all these previous so many years I got so used to not having it I didn't notice it finally was born!
(And thanks to Raboof for making it true :)
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

I had the same 'blindness' :roll:
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
D-Tuned
Established Member

Post by D-Tuned »

j_e_f_f_g wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:29 am
D-Tuned wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:46 pm is there a thank-you button?
The third button shows a hand giving a thumbs-up. The tooltip may tell you to click this button if you want to thank that person. But in reality it gooses that person up the old wazoo. Raboof loves that too.
I get it, would never have equated thumbs up with 'thanks', but it's alright
Artificial-Stupidity will never be competitive