setbfree does not play all my pedal-board notes

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Georgie
Established Member

setbfree does not play all my pedal-board notes

Post by Georgie »

Hello Everyone,

I have built a B3 clone with setBfree as main software, running on a Raspberry PI. No problem with the 61-note keyboards, but setBfree does not play all notes from my PedaMidikit 25-note pedalboard. Pedals [C1 to G2] work fine, but I get no sound from [G#2 to C3] pedals. I know this is not a pedalboard issue because the "receivemidi" software clearly shows the MIDI note-on and note-off messages on channel 3 for [G#2 to C3].
Could some setBfree settings cause this behaviour?

Georges
tseaver
Established Member

Re: setbfree does not play all my pedal-board notes

Post by tseaver »

FWIW, I just fired up setBfree, connected my keyboard, and was able to play pedal notes (using channel 3) from C1 to G3.
Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz
Georgie
Established Member

Post by Georgie »

Thanks for testing setBfree. I am now thinking about foldback and active drawbars. I have to check this...
Georgie
Established Member

Post by Georgie »

In the setBfree midi.c source file, the default lowest pitch value for pedals is 24 (C0) and not 36 (C1). Setting midi.pedals.transpose=-12 in the setBfree configuration file fixes the issue.
bluzee
Established Member

Post by bluzee »

I just upgraded from Mint 18.3 to 19.3 and i noticed the other day that the setBfreeUI now comes up and just displays a black screen. Any thoughts as to what might be causing this. The CLI interface works and it makes sounds.
Georgie
Established Member

Post by Georgie »

setBfreeUI works fine on my desktop: Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon 4.4.8. May I suggest you to open a new topic?
bluzee
Established Member

Post by bluzee »

I apologize for stepping on your thread but thank you for the information. I will investigate my system and determine the issue.