Getting Jack xrun errors - over/underrun? [SOLVED - I think]

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

lad
Established Member

Re: Getting Jack xrun errors - over/underrun?

Post by lad »

kyle_1974 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:58 am
lad wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:34 am
kyle_1974 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:15 pm

Touch wood, no problems on Friday for 3 hours live, going to have one more go during a live show on Tuesday but fingers crossed it’s sorted
Hey Kyle, how's your setup going? Btw, what's your show about if you don't mind sharing?
Hey Lad

I had a blip last week so I have been a bit reluctant to say it's totally fixed :) In terms of having to constantly jump back to a previous kernel, is there anything I can do to have the newest low latency one? (If that's possible?)
Gotcha, 💯% free xruns isn't guaranteed unfortunately :( imho and I understand not wanted to jinx it... :D Touch wood!

To clarify the kernel question... is it that you Would you prefer when the PC boots that it go directly to the low latency kernel by default?
If that's what you're asking it is possible with some change to the GRUB configuration.
...trying out AV Linux
kyle_1974
Established Member

Post by kyle_1974 »

Hi lad

I was more thinking is it possible to custom compile a kernel with the right bits in? (I’m nit really sure what I would be doing though)!
lad
Established Member

Post by lad »

Possible? Yeah, you could but what do you gain. I have no experience with building custom kernel. so recommend relying on the kernel images from the distribution until there is a solid reason to build your own.

My take is... I don't want to be messing with that low level detail. Least amount of headaches the better, let the people who are great at kernel stuff do that.
Last edited by lad on Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
...trying out AV Linux
kyle_1974
Established Member

Post by kyle_1974 »

I totally agree lad, thank you so much for all the help and patience - it's been invaluable!

Let me know if you ever want to do a radio sho! :D