Delta 1010 basic diagnostics ... again :-)

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ChuckLutz
Established Member

Delta 1010 basic diagnostics ... again :-)

Post by ChuckLutz »

HI folks,

My original thread over at viewtopic.php?f=64&t=21092 is still going, but I decided to "reboot" in hopes of getting some direct advice - and I'll try to keep the typing minimal :D

I am beginning to suspect that my Delta 1010 breakout box is "broken", but I don't know how to go about proving (or disproving) it. My PCI card seems to show up in the system OK. Thing is, this is my first attempted use of my Delta 1010, so I can't say "it used to work fine" then suddenly went bad. I can't tell if my problems are user error or bad hardware.

If you see my other thread there, you can see some tests I have been doing. Can anyone recommend any method by which I can tell if my breakout box is simply not functioning?

Hopefully this is not a horribly stupid question - I am not trying to be lazy, posting a very open-ended question. I have been playing with "aplay" etc. and fooling in mudita24 and other things. I am just out of ideas as to what to try next (at the same time I know I have a LOT of learning to do with Linux audio and recording, ALSA/JACK etc.).

Thanks,
Chuck Lutz