JACK Routing, JAMin live noise reduction, SooperLooper

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jackeyba

JACK Routing, JAMin live noise reduction, SooperLooper

Post by jackeyba »

Playing around with SooperLooper I found that the loud noise my mic is producing is annoying.
It's connected to the PC with "the t.bone MicPlug USB Interface" (which also has a headphone output).

I read something about JAMin and live noise reduction and tried it out.
My plan is to use JACK to route the audio through JAMin, SooperLooper and into my headphones. Currently they are plugged into the output of my MicPlug USB Interface.

One thing I noticed that sometimes the PulseAudio JACK Sink/ Source appears in the connection window of QjackCtl. And it automatically connects to the system ins/ outs. I tried to kill it using the command pulseaudio --kill, but after some seconds it reappears and reconnects automatically. If I disconnect it manually it stays disconnected :-)

Now I connected:
System out - JAMin in
JAMin out - SooperLooper in
SooperLooper out - System in

The audio arrives at SooperLooper, but not at my headphones.
Even if I connect them with my PC speaker output. And the internal speakers also stay silent.
I checked the PulseAudio audio mixer ("Volume Control") if the volume is turned up. Still nothing.

What did I do wrong?

In the QjackCtl setup I changed:
Driver: alsa
Interface: U0x11110x2222 (my MicPlug USB Interface)
Sample rate, frames/period, periods/buffer is set on the values of the USB Interface.
The rest is set on default.

I'd be glad if someone could help me. :-)
Thanks in advance!
bluebell
Established Member

Re: JACK Routing, JAMin live noise reduction, SooperLooper

Post by bluebell »

Your chain should finally end in system:playback_1 and _2.

Program1 -> program2 -> program3 -> system:playback

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/