New guy here and already struggling with Jack!

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Jack Winter
Established Member

Re: New guy here and already struggling with Jack!

Post by Jack Winter »

Well in my defense I'll quote from the OP :)
rva1945 wrote:I want to install it in a dual boot system, I can't get rid of W7, one of the reasons being Guitar Rig installed in it.
My intention was to give a heads up that he can possibly ditch W7 entirely if it is only GR holding him back..
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux
AlexTheBassist
Established Member

Re: New guy here and already struggling with Jack!

Post by AlexTheBassist »

tramp wrote:Oh, that is exactly what you saying.

Ah new user steps in, ask for help to get linux native guitar processing software to run, and you, didn't have anything to contribute to that, then told, "No, that is the wrong way, go, use wine and guitar rig."
Agreed. There are at least two apps that can cover a guitar/bass player's needs pretty well. One of them is Guitarix, known by virtually every member of this forum, and the other one is already mentioned in this topic, too. They also can be used in conjunction. I don't want to insult anybody (and if I did, I would've done it already), but Jack doesn't really make sense here. A switch to another ecosystem implies learning new instruments, be it desirable or not.
Being creative does not imply being lazy, stupid, or illiterate.

Working in Harrison Mixbus and Ardour on KDE Neon + KXStudio.