Help! Someone saw my video!

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

OccinticLady
Established Member

Help! Someone saw my video!

Post by OccinticLady »

Hi all,
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
So...now what do I do?
What can I expect next?
Am I in some sorta trouble?
Where do I go from here?
Thanks
Melissa
(PS : it was seen in indonesia, it seems)
Largos
Established Member

Re: Help! Someone saw my video!

Post by Largos »

Why would you be in trouble, were you pledging allegiance to ISIS?
OccinticLady
Established Member

Post by OccinticLady »

Largos wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:36 pm Why would you be in trouble, were you pledging allegiance to ISIS?
Ehm, no....
It is the first time someone from outside my direct circle saw a video of mine, so...I'm somewhat...I dunnow...undeasy...
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

OccinticLady wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:07 pm Hi all,
So...now what do I do?
What can I expect next?
Where do I go from here?
Thanks
Melissa
Sorry but cannot understand what you are talking about, and what is the problem?

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

OccinticLady
Established Member

Post by OccinticLady »

tavasti wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:44 pm
OccinticLady wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:07 pm Hi all,
So...now what do I do?
What can I expect next?
Where do I go from here?
Thanks
Melissa
Sorry but cannot understand what you are talking about, and what is the problem?
This is the first time this happened to me, that's all...
There is nothing I need to do, then. Just..."let it be"... :)
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Haha!

Well first: Take a breath and pat yourself on the back for acquiring the skills to create a song and Video..

Second: See what advice people give, what did they like? What didn't they like? Try to not be offended by what they don't like because it will teach you how to improve and don't take it as personal criticism, they are reacting to your work not to 'you'.

Have you (or would you) share your Video here: viewforum.php?f=9

I'm on a few forums here and there and there is nowhere as supportive as our Content forum right here to show your work... People listen, give constructive feedback without being condescending and understand the tools and challenges you're working with on Linux.

Lastly, be reciprocal, I find this is a HUGE missing ingredient for some people... if you want people to see and hear your stuff then do them the same courtesy, everyone here posting their work wants some feedback and appreciation so if you want someone to take time to enjoy your work take some time to enjoy theirs and offer your valuable feedback, listening to other peoples stuff is also a great way to learn new skills and find interesting new genres and works of music you may never hear otherwise.

Mostly, have fun and enjoy the journey!
OccinticLady
Established Member

Post by OccinticLady »

GMaq wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:02 pm Haha!

Well first: Take a breath and pat yourself on the back for acquiring the skills to create a song and Video..

Second: See what advice people give, what did they like? What didn't they like? Try to not be offended by what they don't like because it will teach you how to improve and don't take it as personal criticism, they are reacting to your work not to 'you'.

Have you (or would you) share your Video here: viewforum.php?f=9

I'm on a few forums here and there and there is nowhere as supportive as our Content forum right here to show your work... People listen, give constructive feedback without being condescending and understand the tools and challenges you're working with on Linux.

Lastly, be reciprocal, I find this is a HUGE missing ingredient for some people... if you want people to see and hear your stuff then do them the same courtesy, everyone here posting their work wants some feedback and appreciation so if you want someone to take time to enjoy your work take some time to enjoy theirs and offer your valuable feedback, listening to other peoples stuff is also a great way to learn new skills and find interesting new genres and works of music you may never hear otherwise.

Mostly, have fun and enjoy the journey!
Thanks so much. I had no idea that part of the forum existed (for that reason).
I posted a link and yes, I will NEED the feedback.
I'm open for dialog on my work...it still is beginners stuff, so all the help is welcome...
My big example for Ambient is Martin Sturzer... https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... n+sturtzer, I learned a lot by listening...and...a lot more to learn
Hugs
Melissa