MIDI Channels

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

angus.hendrick
Established Member

MIDI Channels

Postby angus.hendrick » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:42 pm

I have a MIDI controller (Axiom 61 Gen 2) that I have set up to send drum pads on MIDI channel 10 and keys on MIDI channel 1. Problem is I cannot figure out how to tell the MIDI instruments I have hooked up in Ardour5 how to respond only to a particular MIDI channel from the controller.

More specifically, Drumgizmo is listening to the keys and the drum pads. I tried messing with Ardour5's channel settings for the Drumgizmo track, but it didn't really affect anything. It appears only to affect recording and playback of MIDI messages by the channel, vice the interaction between my controller and the MIDI instrument assigned to that channel.

Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: MIDI Channels

Postby Michael Willis » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:20 am

x42's midi plugins will help:

https://x42-plugins.com/x42/x42-midifilter

Try the midi filter to only allow a single channel through. Midi channel map if you want to transform it to a different channel.

angus.hendrick
Established Member

Postby angus.hendrick » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:39 am

Looks perfect. Thanks!

khz
Established Member

Postby khz » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:01 am

And to set the MIDI channel from an Ardour track to external hardware devices: https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?p=108833#p108833.
FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
    I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.

Return to “Newbies”