Vps Avenger

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Aryez
Established Member

Vps Avenger

Post by Aryez »

Has anyone been able to get the Vps Avenger synth working on linux? It's literally the one VST that is keeping me from being able to switch back from windows.
tavasti
Established Member

Re: Vps Avenger

Post by tavasti »

I tried demo version, and got crash of plugin, at least with carla, did no try with yabridge which is the most compatible way.

One option might be having separate computer running windows, and use AudioGridder to use that plugin in linux?

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

glowrak guy
Established Member

Re: Vps Avenger

Post by glowrak guy »

Aryez wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:53 pm Has anyone been able to get the Vps Avenger synth working on linux? It's literally the one VST that is keeping me from being able to switch back from windows.
Hi, I tried the demo in a recent wine-staging, and had issues, I think graphics related. But I've tried demos of the Tone2 plugins, and they seem to work fine, and have great sounds.

I bought the Thorn synth at a huge discount, another great sounding synth, and registered through Plugin Alliance. There is a CM mag version, that has a polyphony cap of 3 or 4, but sounds can be used fine.

Hive 2 with it's wavetable use and sequencer has some great 3rd party soundsets, that reveal it's capabilities. Well worth a deep look. The demo noise is a small crackling periodically.

It's also not a crime to keep windows around for your very favorite tool. The Avenger videos are impressive!
Cheers