Perfect Drums

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

finotti
Established Member

Perfect Drums

Post by finotti »

Has anyone been successful using Perfect Drums Player with Wine? (It's a free download.)

I am having trouble using it with Carla. I get something like "carla-bridge-win64.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close".

I am using wine-development from Debian Sid (6.0+repack-1). I thought of trying wine staging (and maybe yabridge), but since everything else I needed from Windows is working well, I am trying to be a bit cautious... Does any one have it working?
JamesPeters
Established Member

Re: Perfect Drums

Post by JamesPeters »

It appears to work well in Reaper for Linux using Yabridge and Wine-tkg 6.4, using the example kit and mapping files they provide.

Some plugins have issues with later versions of Wine, so for now 6.4 is the safest recommendation (although it doesn't take much to switch Wine versions).
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

JamesPeters wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:35 am It appears to work well in Reaper for Linux using Yabridge and Wine-tkg 6.4, using the example kit and mapping files they provide.

Some plugins have issues with later versions of Wine, so for now 6.4 is the safest recommendation (although it doesn't take much to switch Wine versions).
Thanks! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to test it! I guess I will try to use wine-staging and yabridge...
Nameerf

Post by Nameerf »

Perfect Drums works for me on Ubuntu Studio (Mixbus 32C) using yabridge.