Install Native Instruments Battery 4 Library (and others)

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

4bgt

Install Native Instruments Battery 4 Library (and others)

Post by 4bgt »

Hi everyone,
I was trying to install some software of the Native Instruments Suite via Wine 6.0.1 on my ubuntu 21.04 (but also tested 18.04 with the same result). Running Native Access is working fine and I was also able to install some packages (e.g. Battery 4). For all packages I got the error message "Install failed: Error while mounting disk image" during the installation. I googled a bit and found out it's possible to mount the image manually using e.g.

mount -t udf '/home/<<user>>/.wine/drive_c/users/<<user>>/Downloads/Battery_4_Factory_Library.iso' -o unhide /mnt/cdrom0/

For some packages I was able to install the packages and everything was fine, but for others (e.g. the Battery 4 Library) I got an error during the installation:
"Disk not found: Please Insert Battery 4 Factory Library"

I also tried some other packages with the same result. I guess it has something to do with the mounting procedure and wine accessing the *.iso image, but for now I am a bit stuck..
Any help would be appreciated !
Thanks
Niklas
4bgt

Re: Install Native Instruments Battery 4 Library (and others)

Post by 4bgt »

Found a solution :!:

The trick was to use " " instead of ' ' in the install command. Now everything works perfectly. I leave this here in case someone has the same problem in the future.
:)

wine "Battery 4 Factory Library 1.1.0 Setup PC.exe" works
wine 'Battery 4 Factory Library 1.1.0 Setup PC.exe' does not.
robbert-vdh
Established Member

Re: Install Native Instruments Battery 4 Library (and others)

Post by robbert-vdh »

4bgt wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:50 am Found a solution :!:

The trick was to use " " instead of ' ' in the install command. Now everything works perfectly. I leave this here in case someone has the same problem in the future.
:)

wine "Battery 4 Factory Library 1.1.0 Setup PC.exe" works
wine 'Battery 4 Factory Library 1.1.0 Setup PC.exe' does not.
That doesn't make any difference; your shell will interpret it as exactly the same. That doesn't explain why it worked for you the second attempt, but my guess is that you needed to specify the unhide mount option because Native Instruments likes to put the instrument data as hidden files on the CD image. I've documented the entire process of installing Native Instruments plugins (and without requiring the use of sudo) here:

https://github.com/robbert-vdh/yabridge ... own-issues