Has LinVst 'linvstconverttree' been deprecated?

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

GMaq
Established Member

Has LinVst 'linvstconverttree' been deprecated?

Post by GMaq »

Hi @ubuntuuser

I'm working on an updated ISO for AVL-MXE and have locked Wine-Staging at 6.2 but have updated LinVst to version 4.1, this seems to be working well BUT 'linvstconverttree' is no longer supplied in LinVst. Is this a mistake in 4.1 or has the tree command been deprecated?

I need to know so I can remove the function to run 'linvstconverttree' from the AVL-MXE Assistant app if it is no longer required..
ubuntuuser
Established Member

Re: Has LinVst 'linvstconverttree' been deprecated?

Post by ubuntuuser »

GMaq wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:00 am Hi @ubuntuuser

I'm working on an updated ISO for AVL-MXE and have locked Wine-Staging at 6.2 but have updated LinVst to version 4.1, this seems to be working well BUT 'linvstconverttree' is no longer supplied in LinVst. Is this a mistake in 4.1 or has the tree command been deprecated?

I need to know so I can remove the function to run 'linvstconverttree' from the AVL-MXE Assistant app if it is no longer required..
Hi,

I've tried to make it simpler by just having linvstconvert handle subfolders and dropping linvstconvertree.

If you need linvstconverttree for a script, then you could copy/rename linvstconvert to linvstconverttree and it will operate like the older linvstconverttree.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

ubuntuuser wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:53 am
GMaq wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:00 am Hi @ubuntuuser

Hi,

I've tried to make it simpler by just having linvstconvert handle subfolders and dropping linvstconvertree.

If you need linvstconverttree for a script, then you could copy/rename linvstconvert to linvstconverttree and it will operate like the older linvstconverttree.
Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer!

Actually that's simpler for me too instead of needing 2 buttons, just wanted to be sure before I removed anything. You might want to update the Readme's in your release announcements as they still refer to both linvstconvert and linvstconverttree but I know how these things go... nobody enjoys the documentation part!

Great work on linvst! If the Wine guys would quit messing with us it would be helpful..lol
ubuntuuser
Established Member

Post by ubuntuuser »

Thanks.

I can't see the wood for the trees :)