Bad graphics in VST plugins

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

deperito
Established Member

Bad graphics in VST plugins

Post by deperito »

Hi,

I just installed the new AVLinux Linux Distribution released just some days ago and tried some VST plugin. I tried them either with preinstalled CARLA and with preinstalled Ardour 6.5.0.
In Carla, I tried the plugins using either using the Windows .dll and the converted LinVst version .so

When using the plugins I experience very bad graphics as showed, as an example, in the following picture.
In the example I'm using the the famous Bass Preamp VST plugin in CARLA, but I experienced bad graphics in all the VST plugins I tried either in Carla and in Ardour:
BassPreampBadGraphics.jpg
BassPreampBadGraphics.jpg (114.23 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
As you can see, the VST plugin window is covered with strange white and blue geometric figures, which make using the plugin very difficult.
I noticed that I can remove the waves clicking on the top right of the plugin window, where, under the blue figure, there's a clickable label saying: "by ronaldpassion etc...", which switches the view of the plugin window. Then, when I switch back to the main view, the waves are gone. Unfortunately, this method is neither handy nor always applicable...

Can you help me somehow?