[SOLVED] Can't get Carla to load WinVST's

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Thomas1974
Established Member

[SOLVED] Can't get Carla to load WinVST's

Post by Thomas1974 »

Hello,
I am running Ubuntu 18.04 with the latest KxStudio repo and Using Carla version 2.1.1. When I scan for Windows VSTs nothing comes up. I was able to load 32-bit VSTs in the past but now it will not show any Win VSTs after I Refresh. Maybe something I did or a conflict with another program? But I have been searching through this forum and googling it for 2 days now and cannot seam to resolve the problem. I am sure I have all of the correct bridges?
carla-bridge-linux32: audio plugin host (linux32 bridge)
carla-bridge-linux64: audio plugin host (linux64 bridge)
carla-bridge-win32: carla win32 bridge
carla-bridge-win64: carla win64 bridge
carla-bridge-wine32: carla win32 bridge (wine DLL)
carla-bridge-wine64: carla win64 bridge (wine DLL)
Under Search for new... the Windows 32bit and Windows 64bit is checked along with VST3.
Under 'Available tools' 'carla-discovery-native carala-discovery-posix32 carla-discovery-win32 carla-disocvery-win64 and python3-rdflib (LADSPA-RDF support)' are all (green) check marked. And I am able to scan and discover the Internal, LADSPA, LV2, and VST2 plugins but not VST3

Here are the messages in the Logs of Carla:
======= Starting engine =======
======= Engine started ========
Carla engine started, details:
Driver name: JACK
Sample rate: 44100
Process mode: Single client
Gtk-Message: 22:32:48.893: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
error: failed to expand CURIE `foaf:Person'
wine: '/home/thomas/.wine' is a 64-bit installation, it cannot be used with a 32-bit wineserver.

So to me it has something to do with wine obviously. But seriously I do not have much knowledge of wine. Is anyone else getting this error/problem? Or does anyone have any idea of what went wrong?

Any help is appreciated

ISSUE SOLVED
A guy with the username of Kott helped me solve this issue.
So what I did is I renamed .wine to .wine.bak and ran the wineprefix command and started over. but first I read this: https://linuxconfig.org/configuring-win ... troduction to get a little understanding of what I was doing. I don't know what messed it all up in the first place, but after going through the steps I started Carla up and Refreshed! BAM! There they were! I got WinVST back again!