Acon Digital restoration software?

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ZestieBumwhig
Established Member

Acon Digital restoration software?

Post by ZestieBumwhig »

Have any of you tried installing/buying anything from Acon Digital? I'm successfully running their VST plugin Restoration Suite, and I may need it for a project... but I've tried some software from Izotope before, which ran just fine (under WINE) on my Linux computer (my only computer), but wouldn't authenticate when I tried to pay for it. I also see I'm not the only one who's had that problem: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=20755&p=112564.

So - has anyone here successfully authenticated anything from Acon? I just don't want to spend the money, only to find out that I need to beg for it back (and be scolded that "we don't support Linux"... yeah I know I know...)

https://acondigital.com/products/restoration-suite/
ZestieBumwhig
Established Member

Re: Acon Digital restoration software?

Post by ZestieBumwhig »

The lord helps those who help themselves.

In case anyone's curious, and looking for a Linux-authorizable (and cheaper) Izotope RX alternative, this authorizes just fine, and seems to work well. I'm not saying it's professional level - it seems great to me, but I'm not a professional. I don't really know this stuff.

And again, this is just WIndows software, but it seems to work through Wine and with LinVST.

Since I opened this thread, I'll close it, and maybe it'll be good information for someone to know in the future!